Transfer Bar Measurement

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hunter966

Single-Sixer
I was wondering if anyone has an extra safety transfer bar for a Ruger Blackhawk and you'd be willing to measure the overall length for me.

I had one that has broke while dry firing and so far have ordered 2 from Ruger, when installed the top of the bar sits below the bottom of the firing pin when the trigger is pulled fully backwards.

I'm wanting to get the length so I can call Ruger again tomorrow and start over again with at least a baseline idea of what to tell them what I need. I'm thinking they've just got the wrong part in the envelope for the Blackhawk.

Thanks hunter966.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Large frame Blackhawk Transfer Bar overall length = 1.805".

They usually ask for the serial # of your gun so they know what frame size you have.

Or else their inventory is mixed up.

At least they aren't charging you for them right?

hunter966

Single-Sixer
Thanks Hondo,
I just think they have their stock mixed up because both times when I've talked to them I gave them the serial number and even told them it was a Bisley, which I don't believe shouldn't matter. They haven't charged me but the lady did say if the second one doesn't work I might have to send in my gun. I really don't want to do that due to the shipping cost, I'm going to try and talk to a tech to make sure they're getting the correct part this time.

hunter966

Single-Sixer
I chunked the old one, at the time I just thought there was only one size of transfer bar and I just never thought I'd have this much of a problem with a replacement.