Trans fluid in Rad? Van troubles....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
Shop said you have to take down the AC and recharge as part of the radiator replacement so I really didn't look that close at it.

I am fairly handy but between caring for my kids and caring for the house plus working 40 hours it is hard to take time to fix a vehicle.

I did ask around work a little and may have a lead on a 2008 Town & Country. Guy said his mom wants a 4x4 before winter and looking to trade it in. If I can get it for trade in value that might be the best bet. He will find out more and let me know later this week.

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
roylt said:
Shop said you have to take down the AC and recharge as part of the radiator replacement so I really didn't look that close at it.

I am fairly handy but between caring for my kids and caring for the house plus working 40 hours it is hard to take time to fix a vehicle.

I did ask around work a little and may have a lead on a 2008 Town & Country. Guy said his mom wants a 4x4 before winter and looking to trade it in. If I can get it for trade in value that might be the best bet. He will find out more and let me know later this week.

RE: "Take down AC and recharge" means THAT shop is looking to screw you out of a chunk of change. I've changed, removed and replaced radiators in a Variety of autos including a 69 Alfa, 76 Fiat 124 Spider and my 1998 Volvo s-70 Without EVER having to screw round with the AC. It has its OWN Cooler and IS NOT connected to the engine radiator. You can buy freon or whatever in a recharging kit at the auto parts store and it's as easy as a bear taking a dump in the woods.

Dan in MI

Staff member
I agree the A/C sounds hinky, BUT it may also be connected to the radiator in a "cooling pack" set up that may prevent the removal of the radiator without removing the condenser too. Then it would require an A/C drain and refill.

Latest posts