TRADED!!!-S&W .44spl for Ruger .44spl

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Longcarbine

Single-Sixer
Shot in the dark I'm sure but thought I would throw this out there. I got this model 624 a few days ago from GunBroker with full intentions of putting a red dot on it and using it for hunting, it did not dawn on me to check if it was factory drilled & tapped for an optics mount. It is not, and I dont want to have it done unless I have to so thought I would try this first. I would like to trade it but only for one specific revolver, a Ruger Lipsey's GP100 in .44 special with the 5" Full Lug barrel like the one in the last photo. The photos dont do this S&W justice, it is a beautiful gun and it doesn't look like it's had many rounds through it. The grips are Factory Hogue grips, have box , paper work and it's own little cleaning kit that came with it.

NikA

Buckeye
This would be a great deal for any who happened to pick up one of the 44 GPs when CDNN was closing them out.

FWIW, the half-lug blued 44 GPs (model 1770) are still in stock, and would net you a significant savings on what you likely paid for that pre-lock 624.

Longcarbine

Single-Sixer
NoDak said:
As stated above the half-lug is in stock. I would happily facilitate that trade should you decide you want one.

Thanks
Thanks for the offer but going to hold out for a full lug.

Blackmore said:
NoDak said:
As stated above the half-lug is in stock. I would happily facilitate that trade should you decide you want one.

Thanks

At CDNN? Link? Thanks.

CDNN's "super search" is nearly useless. I've tried every combination of search termsI can come up with and the closest I've found is walnut grip inserts for GP100 grips.

If anyone can provide a link to the half lug 44 spl GP100s it will be appreciated.

NikA

Buckeye
To clarify: half lug, model 1770 (736676017706 UPC) is in stock at several sites in the 700$ range. Full lug, model 1765 (736676017652 UPC) was on sale for 499$ from CDNN a couple months ago, but seems to be out of stock everywhere.

UPC has been the best for me when searching for the lowest price on new firearms.

NoDak

Blackhawk
I'm a Lipseys dealer. If you'd like one just shoot me a PM. THANKS

arfmel said:
Blackmore said:
NoDak said:

Thanks

At CDNN? Link? Thanks.

CDNN's "super search" is nearly useless. I've tried every combination of search termsI can come up with and the closest I've found is walnut grip inserts for GP100 grips.

If anyone can provide a link to the half lug 44 spl GP100s it will be appreciated.

Flyfisher66048

Bearcat
Before you get rid of the Smith, you might want to look at this mount - https://www.jackweigand.com/Smith-Wesson-Revolver-Mini-Mount.html

No need to drill and tap a smith to mount a red dot.

Longcarbine

Single-Sixer
Flyfisher66048 said:
Before you get rid of the Smith, you might want to look at this mount - https://www.jackweigand.com/Smith-Wesson-Revolver-Mini-Mount.html

No need to drill and tap a smith to mount a red dot.
I have a S&W 617 a 686 and a 629 all of them are factory drilled and tapped and I have the weigand mount on all three. This 624 is not factory drilled and tapped or I would not be trying to trade it.