Traded off a GP 100

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A guy at work comes to me and says he needs a gun for his daughter. BUT he only has a 44 mag and don't think it's suitable. He asks me if I had anything I could trade him for that would work for her. It's a like new S&W 329. I brought him a very clean GP100 4" in a Ruger case a box of amm (Remington 158 gr LSWCHP) and a $100. He's happy and I'm happy. It's just that I tend to get traders remorse at times. Glad I've got another one at home. For sure it's a better gun for his daughter. Not sure I "need" the 329. But what has need ever had anything to do with anything when it comes to guns???? :D

smoke-eater

Blackhawk
Good on you, buddy. You've helped to introduce a newcomer to our wonderful world of guns, shooting, and (hopefully) a soon-to-be NRA member!

(and it worked out pretty well for you, too.)

Is that 4" Redhawk going to be gathering dust now?

Warmest Regards,
Jeff

OldNavy

Single-Sixer
I'm in favor of letting the ladies make their own choice--if they have the experience/information. When my daughter was old enough for a CCW weapon, I thought that she would choose the SP101. To my great surprise, she picked the Alaskan instead.

When I asked her why, she said that since she was always hauling a purse around, she wasn't limited to a little gun--and then turned to me with a grin on her face and said, "Given a choice, which one would you rather have when push comes to shove?"

[She loads it with 200 Gr. Lead Flat Point cowboy loads moving at about 850 FPS.]
SP101Alaskan2.JPG

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
OldNavy":3iryg6q8 said:
I'm in favor of letting the ladies make their own choice--if they have the experience/information. When my daughter was old enough for a CCW weapon, I thought that she would choose the SP101. To my great surprise, she picked the Alaskan instead.

When I asked her why, she said that since she was always hauling a purse around, she wasn't limited to a little gun--and then turned to me with a grin on her face and said, "Given a choice, which one would you rather have when push comes to shove?"

[She loads it with 200 Gr. Lead Flat Point cowboy loads moving at about 850 FPS.]
I like the way your daughter thinks!

-- Sam (who recently decided to start carrying a .44 Special)

Tommy Kelly

Buckeye
Now that's funny my wife won't even shoot my alaskan but she loves the sp101. But my alaskan is the 454 instead of a 44. But she loves the sp with 38's .