Trade/sell a 454 Super Redhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ChiefMuzz

Blackhawk
I have a target grey 7 1/2 inch Super Redhawk I'd like to trade. I'd rate it at 92-95%. It has a small scratch in the finish on the underside of the barrel and a turn ring. Round count is around 500. I have the original box but no scope rings. I'm the second owner and have taken good care of the gun. I do like it but I just don't need the extra power this gun brings. I plan to post some pictures later today, but pm me if you want anything specific.

So what trades do I want? I would go for a Redhawk 44 mag or 45 colt in a 5 1/2 or 7 1/2 barrel. I would also go with a 44 mag or 480 ruger in a SRH. I prefer a 45 since I've consolidated a couple of my huntng firearms to that caliber and that's what this guns main use will be. If you have something else in mind to trade just let me know, keep in mind I'm looking for a hunting handgun.

I also have a couple boxes of factory 454 ammo, RCBS dies, an unopened bag of brass and some once fired brass, and a box of hornady 300 xtp's that are negotiable as part of the trade.

If you are interested pm me your offer and we can chat. I'll get pictures up tonight.

If you want to buy it outright the price is $625 shipped and the extra can be negotiated into a price if desired.

revhigh

Hawkeye
ChiefMuzz said:
I have a target grey 7 1/2 inch Super Redhawk I'd like to trade. I'd rate it at 92-95%. It has a small scratch in the finish on the underside of the barrel and a turn ring. Round count is around 500. I have the original box but no scope rings. I'm the second owner and have taken good care of the gun. I do like it but I just don't need the extra power this gun brings. I plan to post some pictures later today, but pm me if you want anything specific.

So what trades do I want? I would go for a Redhawk 44 mag or 45 colt in a 5 1/2 or 7 1/2 barrel. I would also go with a 44 mag or 480 ruger in a SRH. I prefer a 45 since I've consolidated a couple of my huntng firearms to that caliber and that's what this guns main use will be. If you have something else in mind to trade just let me know, keep in mind I'm looking for a hunting handgun.

I also have a couple boxes of factory 454 ammo, RCBS dies, an unopened bag of brass and some once fired brass, and a box of hornady 300 xtp's that are negotiable as part of the trade.

If you are interested pm me your offer and we can chat. I'll get pictures up tonight.

The trade value for this gun is $600.

Hey Muzz !

If you're looking for a gun in 45 Colt that can handle anything .... You already have it with the 454. Why not just keep the gun you have, especially if that's your preferred caliber, and one of your options is a SRH in 44.

If you want to dump the ammo, and brass separately, let me know.

REV

ChiefMuzz

Blackhawk
Rev,
I like shooting ammo from a gun that caliber was intended for, not one it can shoot. My 357 mag only shoots 357. My 454 only shoots 454. That's just my preference, hence why I'm considering moving this handgun.

I'll keep you in queue for the extras though.

98Redline

Blackhawk
How about this for an option.

Find someone with a 45colt Redhawk and trade them cylinders.

I would think there are more than a few people with 45colt Redhawks who would like to upgrade them to a .454 and would gladly swap cylinder straight across.

revhigh

Hawkeye
ChiefMuzz said:
Rev,
I like shooting ammo from a gun that caliber was intended for, not one it can shoot. My 357 mag only shoots 357. My 454 only shoots 454. That's just my preference, hence why I'm considering moving this handgun.

I'll keep you in queue for the extras though.

Ah ... Gotcha.

I shoot super hot 45 Colt loads thru my SRH all the time, and I can tell you ... They work great, and are outrageously accurate.

You might want to give it a try at least.

Keep me informed about the brass and other stuff. I don't need the dies.

REV

ChiefMuzz

Blackhawk
I'm going to bump this back up for offers or see if anyone wants to buy it outright at this point, $625 shipped. I can send pictures if you are interested.

737tdi

Hunter
I have to say this is one of the strangest posts. I have a .480 and love it but I thought the .454 was better. Why would you trade for basically the same firearm? I just don't get this sale.

Karl

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
:roll: wondering why this one lasted so long... I've been wanting one of these for a long time :roll:

Latest posts