Trade Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

agjames96

Bearcat
I have a stainless MK II with a 4.75" barrel. Guy at a pawnshop I deal with all the time has the same but with a 6" barrel. He collects them and needs mine for his collection, so he wants to trade straight up.

My question is as follows:

Assuming the two are in exact same condition, which one should I choose?

AkRay

Single-Sixer
I'd keep your gun. Shorter barrels on these types of guns usually have more appeal when it comes to carry and use or resale. I could be wrong but I also think your gun is probably less common and the more valuable one.

annasophia

Bearcat
If you're talking about the 5 1/2" stainless steel heavy barreled model, I can tell you that yours is far more rare. You would be getting ripped off if you traded straight across. If you're talking about the 6" stainless steel tapered barrel model....well then, they are about as hard to find as the one you have. I own all three of these guns in stainless and I can say that I've only personally seen two of the 4", one of the 6", and dozens upon dozens of the 5.5" bull barreled models. Hard decision to make...but I'd stick with the more rare models if possible since you'll be able to sell them easier and for more $$ in the future if you ever had to. Either way...use them and enjoy them!

Latest posts