Towards The More Traditional Side

Help Support Ruger Forum:

caryc

Hawkeye
I know there are some guys that don't like the highly figured woods. Here is a pair of Myrtlewood grips that I think look right at home on this gun. They are even a satin finish.

F-myrtle10.jpg

A

Anonymous

Beautiful gun partner!!! Any shots out of it? Looks brand new!

mm6mm6

Blackhawk
The neat thing to think about is that Cary's amazing grips will still be around a hundred years from now! Most won't even have a ding on them. Quality artistic work like Cary's never goes out of style.

caryc

Hawkeye
Thanks for the compliments guys. I love the color of these grips. The more subtle aspects of the grain can't be seen in the picture. The chatoyance can't be seen either.

I think they would look great on my old gray Vaquero that used to be CCH finished. They would fit right in as an antique look. Too bad I didn't make them for an XR3-RED but I'll be making more.

contender

Ruger Guru
Nice looking grips there,, (of course!)
Subtle yet striking! They give the gun a comfortable look about it.

Off topic; Cary,, did you get my 2 emails?

caryc

Hawkeye
contender":2prkdscv said:
Nice looking grips there,, (of course!)
Subtle yet striking! They give the gun a comfortable look about it.

Off topic; Cary,, did you get my 2 emails?

Please check your email

Trebor Snave

Bearcat
I would say that those show just enough figure to be interesting without "overloading" the visual effect of the gun as a whole.

Someday I'll have discretionary funds available and nothing else at the top of the list, and then I'll be ordering a couple of sets of your grips...

J Miller

Blackhawk
Cary,

I like those grips a bunch. They have the soft appearance of old Sambar Stag with minimal bark on them.
About the only grip wood I don't care for is some of the ones that look like pine. I know they are not, but they have that color and look to them.

mm6mm6":72ug8u9s said:
The neat thing to think about is that Cary's amazing grips will still be around a hundred years from now! Most won't even have a ding on them. Quality artistic work like Cary's never goes out of style.

Can't say that about mine. They are on a working gun and it wasn't a month from the moment I got them when the first ding appeared. Oh well, not a problem. It's to be expected.

Joe

Wild Bill '67

Single-Sixer
Those grips and that Blackhawk were made for each other.

I need to reacquire a Blackhawk one of these days. Those grips keep looking even better every time I click back to the picture if that's possible.

Nicely done !!!