Took the plunge on another Ruger...Range update.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

meanc

Single-Sixer
This time it was a P90.

Never owned one since I had a couple of other 45s that hardly get shot, but this one popped up local for a great price so I thought I'd get it.

As far as I can tell the grip angle and feel is no different than my P89s/P94/or P95. Definitely a big plus in my book.

Looks barely fired and stainless to boot. Haven't gotten it to the range yet, but this weekend I'll report back with the results.

All I've got is a box of Remington 230gr ball so we'll see how it goes.

DSCF3042.jpg

wixedmords

Blackhawk
That looks like a pretty clean rig there meanc.

I am particularly fond of that grip panel. It is a little less flashy than the model with the "Ruger" printed in the middle. A little more business-like.

Great catch.

tech4064

Bearcat
Nice! And it's a DC model too. I had a P97 DC, but sold it because I needed the money. Of course it didn't take long to have some regrets, so I later replaced with a P90. I had some issues with the extractor not long after I bought it, but I think I have it corrected now.

The P90 is a good shooting .45. I'm sure you will be happy with it.

meanc

Single-Sixer
Well, I didn't make it to the range this past weekend. but did have the chance to fire off 8 rds into a cut down tree yesterday.

It was about 18" in diameter, so I just used the rings of the trunk for the target and backed up 15 paces.

The first 3 shots were left and a little low, but the last 5 shots printed a nice group of about 3" in the center

This was with the Remington 230gr ball.

Afterwards, on the way home, I stopped at 4 different Walmarts and was lucky to secure 17 boxes of various 45acp. I also picked up a 3rd mag at a gunshow.

So, now I'll have a little more formal report to give when I hit the range.

wixedmords

Blackhawk
meanc":xvg3zpxa said:
Well, I didn't make it to the range this past weekend. but did have the chance to fire off 8 rds into a cut down tree yesterday.

It was about 18" in diameter, so I just used the rings of the trunk for the target and backed up 15 paces.

The first 3 shots were left and a little low, but the last 5 shots printed a nice group of about 3" in the center

I used to enjoy plopping a good sized log, on end, from atop a perch.

meanc":xvg3zpxa said:
So, now I'll have a little more formal report to give when I hit the range.

When you are ready I think we'd love to hear the story (report) meanc. I know I would. ;)

meanc

Single-Sixer
Finally got to the range at lunch time. Had Federal & Remington 230gr FMJ, and Winchester 230gr JHP.

All groups were fired at 15yds offhand.

The Winchester 230gr JHP definitely shoots great in the P90. The Remington also shot pretty well. The Federal, not so much. But for $15 a box, I didn't expect much.

There was a noticeable difference in recoil between the Federal and the other two. Just not as hot I guess.

Anyway, I was shooting way left due to the rear sight being drifted too far left by the previous owner. Forgot to center it before leaving home this morning. :x

With it maybe just a slight bit right of center, the groups should center nicely.

The P90 functioned admirably.

Didn't experience any failures whatsoever.

100_9096.jpg