Took the Flat Top out to a match

Help Support Ruger Forum:

David LaPell

Blackhawk
This past weekend I took the OM Flat top out to a match. It was the Teddy Roosevelt shoot which was both required period rifles, but handguns were a bit more of an anything goes scenario. You had to sit in a saddle and shoot the handgun one handed while your off hand gripped the saddle horn. Target was a silhouette about 10-12 yards out. I could have used a couple revolvers that were more accurate, but I wanted something close and this gun seemed right.
Picture435.jpg

David LaPell

Blackhawk
The rifle I used was a Marlin 1894 in .357 that belonged to a friend of mine, since at the moment I don't have a lever gun. Oddly enough using his gun I place 1st in rifle, go figure since I had never shot it before. The match is held annually at the Dunham's Bay Club in Queensbury, NY. They have two big matches every year, the Teddy Roosevelt and the D-Day shoot held in May. I may end up buying a military period rifle so I can shoot that match too, we're trying to get a military handgun match for that, but so far it is rifle only.

americal

Hunter
I really like the shape of those grips :) nice bevel to grip & cylinder frame 8) are they elk :?: look rather thick and I like that for shooting :!: