Tommy Lee Jones in The Houseman

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bear Paw Jack

Hawkeye
Sometime back I saw a movie advertised that Jones was staring in. It was a Western which I like, but apparently it was a limited release. The guy that wrote The Houseman, is the same guy that wrote the Shootist that John Wayne was in. I was wondering if anyone saw it and if it was worth while. Hollyweird isn't producing a lot of westerns but when they do I like to see it. Disappointed that I didn't get to see this one. Jones did a great job in Lonesome Dove. One of my all time favorites. I hear in real life he's a jerk. Who knows. Thanks for your input.

Big Old Boy

Hunter
What ever the name I saw it a few weeks ago waiting for the rain to end and yes I did enjoy the movie.

tinman

Buckeye
Just watched it some weeks back. It is an interesting film.

FastEd

Hunter
Bear Paw Jack said:
Fast Ed can you send me a link to the movie. I'd love to see it.
Thanks

Just open up YouTUBE and type in The Homesman.

Looks like you will have to pay to see it.

olcop

Single-Sixer
FastEd said:
Bear Paw Jack said:
Fast Ed can you send me a link to the movie. I'd love to see it.
Thanks

Just open up YouTUBE and type in The Homesman.

Looks like you will have to pay to see it.

I did, and enjoyed every minute of it, think it is one of his best.
olcop

don44

Hunter
We seen it on Netflix and liked it. It's a good western !

stevemb

Hunter
What was the movie where he was babysitting a houseful'a cheerleaders ? That was funny, w/eye candy too.

Mtneer

Single-Sixer
stevemb said:
What was the movie where he was babysitting a houseful'a cheerleaders ? That was funny, w/eye candy too.

I think it was "Man Of The House".

Paul B

Buckeye
Bear Paw Jack said:
Sometime back I saw a movie advertised that Jones was staring in. It was a Western which I like, but apparently it was a limited release. The guy that wrote The Houseman, is the same guy that wrote the Shootist that John Wayne was in. I was wondering if anyone saw it and if it was worth while. Hollyweird isn't producing a lot of westerns but when they do I like to see it. Disappointed that I didn't get to see this one. Jones did a great job in Lonesome Dove. One of my all time favorites. I hear in real life he's a jerk. Who knows. Thanks for your input.

I think you may be mistaken. My youngest daughter had a bit part in Cobb that was later cut. She said he was a perfect gentleman the entire time she was there. Granted one person's opinion may not be statistically relevant but she doesn't lie so I'll take her word for it.
Paul B.

Paul B

Buckeye
BPJ. I can only go by what my daughter said. The fact that she seemed very impressed by his professionalism and attitude toward some of the women playing ladies of the night that were is stages of undress on the set waiting their time under the camera leads me to believe he is an OK guy. I do know a guy who can't stand him because of a movie he made about a Border Patrol mistakenly shooting a legal Mexican where Jones is a friend of the dead guy and takes him home to be buried. It's "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada. Very good film.
Paul B.

noahmercy

Single-Sixer
Tommy Lee used to regularly come out here to the polo club (the oldest one in America) that's just down the road from me. Folks who have met him say he's very congenial and a "regular guy". (I would assume that means he can have a bad day and be a jerk just like some of us... :wink:)

Ugly Hombre

Blackhawk
I have a copy of homesman in cue waiting for beer and pizza night thanks for the reveiws!

Any one seen "slow west"?? if so what did you think??

Latest posts