Today I became a true American

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Double Maduro

Single-Sixer
Yeah, well it feels like it anyway.

I was born and raised in Missouri. Was in the Army from 66-68.

I have worked fairly steadily, paid my taxes, been a good citizen all my life.

So what makes me a true American today.

Well, I bought my first 10/22 today. I have been looking for a while and stumbled across a nice used one in a gun shop today, $175 out the door.
#236-933xx, the web-site says it is a 93 model, it looks a lot better than the pictures ( I may take some better ones in a few days, or I may not).

I bought a Tasco 3-9x40 and a set of Millet rings for it. Now all I have to do is shoot it. Probably tomorrow.

my1022.jpg

When my wife said she didn't know why I needed a new gun, she knows I have wanted one and even kicked in $100 on it for my birthday present, I told her it is Un-American not to own a 10/22. She laughed and said she understood (she doesn't really, but it makes me happy and that makes her happy).

DM

Double Maduro

Single-Sixer
mattsbox99":i4toabu8 said:
Congrats!

I hope thats not a little target practice material also in the photo!

No, the nice older lady across the street gave that to my wife for her birthday and I didn't notice it until I got ready to post the picture, I'm excited you know, :oops: .

DM

Have fun, the best thing about a 10/22 is after you've gone through a box or two of ammo you don't get that burning feeling in your wallet pocket. :)

Welcome to the group, the only thing better than owning a 10/22 is owning two..... You probably better not tell your wife that, for a awhile.

contender

Ruger Guru
They say that there are approximately 80 million gun owners out there. With only a few million 10/22's out,, and many of us owning 2 or more,,, I'd say a LOT of gun owners aren't quite American enough yet,,,!
Congrats on a new (great) gun!

toysoldier

Hunter
Looks like I won't ever be a "true American", unless Ruger accomodates the 10% of the population that shoots left-handed. :( I'd love to have a southpaw 10/22, but till they make one, I'll just have to stick with my chicom copy of the Browning. It's prettier anyway, and all walnut and steel---no aluminum or plastic. :wink:

slowhand

Single-Sixer
Toy soldier,I shoot wrong handed also.Have had at least 10 different 10-22's.Still have two customs that i built up.Never have I had a case hit me in the head.If they're tuned right they throw more forward than back.Have gotten a few in the crook of my elbow though.Burns like heck.Still gotta shoot em though.Slow

Well, here's our very own Double Maduro, totin' that fancy new 10/22, which happens to be a very good shooter!

GEDC0076.jpg

Heliman, Double Maduro, and I, met at the range for another great night of shooting. Can't wait for the next time!

WAYNO.

Double Maduro

Single-Sixer
Wayno, Heliman,

I had a great time, thanks for inviting me.

Thanks for letting me shoot your fine weapons, I hadn't fired a .44 Magnum in over 40 years and had never fired a .45 colt before. I liked them both.

I am especially glad that you liked my .41Mag, it was my friend Dick's favorite handgun, and I know it would have thrilled him to know you liked it too.

Heliman, I really liked your 7 shot .45 BH. :lol:

Between Wayno's spotting scope and Heliman's math skills, we got the 10/22 dialed in pretty good. Thanks guys.

Wayno, I think you should have your camera checked out, I know I'm better looking than that. :roll:

I had a great time, and am looking forward to the next time. Thanks again.

DM

DM, you are welcome anytime.......the more the merrier.......just means we have more guns to shoot! 8)

We had a great time, and I was thrilled to meet another forum member. :) Can't wait till next Tuesday. Thanks again for the great time!

Dave :wink:

toysoldier

Hunter
slowhand":2f3auipn said:
Toy soldier,I shoot wrong handed also.Have had at least 10 different 10-22's.Still have two customs that i built up.Never have I had a case hit me in the head.If they're tuned right they throw more forward than back.Have gotten a few in the crook of my elbow though.Burns like heck.Still gotta shoot em though.Slow

I won't shoot a gun where the action opens in my face. The risk is slight, but it's still there. And I'm getting more stubborn about this as I mature into a full-fledged curmudgeon. If they don't see the need to make a gun I can shoot safely, I don't neet to shoot their gun.