To The Board Members:

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GP100

Buckeye
To the board Members,

I wish to take a moment to say thank you to those that have supported my book.. There are those that have enjoyed it and encouraged me to continue with it, and there have been those that have condemned me for it and hated my guts because of it.. It doesn't matter.. Either way, I wrote the book as therapy for my feelings on things in my life, and a way of putting my memories down on paper.. Or the internet I guess.. Depends how you look at it I suppose..

Either way, I've made some friends because of it, and made some enemy's because of it.. But I suppose that is the way of life.. Isn't it? You will always have those that either like you, love you, or hate you.. It's just the way it works in life.. I've spent a lifetime working hard, and doing everything the right way.. Nothing has ever come easily for me in life.. You win some, you lose some.. I gave every bit of fight I had in life to fight the evils that befell me in this world.. I fought hard to push back and come out "hopefully" on top of it all, and still find a way to survive it all.. Some battles you just cannot win no matter how damn hard you fight, or how much you sacrifice along the way.. Such is life my friends..

I've tried to be a good man throughout my life and help others.. No matter what it cost me, I tried.. Because it was the right thing to do in my opinion.. I have no regrets.. I lived my life the way Dar taught me to be.. He taught me everything I know.. But he didn't teach me everything he knew.. I loved him dearly and tried my best to make him proud of my life, and my achievements.. I hope I earned it in his eyes..

There are those on the board that I have had a relationship with, who have sent me letters to my home, and even birthday cards.. Thank you for that.. It has meant a great deal to me.. So, without going into detail, I wish to inform you, that as of Tuesday the 18th, I will no longer have an address for you to corespondent with me.. Due no fault of my own..

I don't wish to discuss it.. It's to much for me to handle emotionally.. I have talked with two people on the board about it.. Contender was one of them.. I just needed someone to talk to, since I'm alone in the world with no family as a support system.. We all need someone to talk to in the world at times.. And I chose to talk to him and the other person because they have been great supporters of my book.. Tyrone has supported me and pushed me to continue the book, even though there have been detractors.. Thank you Tyrone for your support.. I will always appreciate that..

To those that hate me because of the book, and have condemned me for it? So be it.. I hold no animosity towards you for your feelings on it.. I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but I cannot control that.. You feel the way you do.. I hold no grudges for that.. It is, what it is..

If I continue to get a cell phone signal, I will endeavor to continue the book until I can't anymore.. I am a hospice patient pretty much at the end of life, as you know.. So I will do the best I can with what I'll have left to work with.. Perhaps I will be able to finish the book in time before my health degrades even further now from this.. I simply cannot answer that.. Depends on where I am in the world at the time.. And honestly, I cannot answer that right now.. Nothing is certain in life but death and taxes..

I am embarrassed and humiliated right now.. Dar would be angry as hell if he was alive.. He was like my father to me.. I failed him in this instance.. I'm sorry dad.. I love you.. Forgive me.. You taught me better.. You taught me to never be at other people's mercy, because human nature is that people will let you down every time.. You were right.. You've been gone since 86, and you're still teaching me your lessons.. You were a good father figure, even though you didn't think so at the time.. Perhaps you would have made my life better had I actually been your son from birth.. I guess none of us will ever know the answer to that..

And to the board members, I wish you all a good life if I don't get to talk with you again.. I've not contributed to the board much recently, or talked to anyone recently.. And it wasn't anything personal.. I just have things going on in my life that I didn't want to discuss because some people don't want to hear it.. All they want to hear is that everything is just peachy. If I tell them the truth then they tell me I'm being negative and they proceed to make me feel worse about myself than I already do.. And I simply don't need that crap.. It's easy for you to say that stuff when you have a nice warm meal and a nice warm bed at night.. So, instead of lying to you, and telling you what you want to hear, I've simply avoided talking to people.. Because I refuse to lie just to make people feel better while I feel like crap warmed over.. I feel bad enough about my life as it is, without having other people dog pile on me and telling where where I went wrong..

I already know where I screwed up.. I don't need a stupid road map pointing it out..

Either way, thank you for your support with the book folks.. I'll do what I can, when I can.. Stuff being packed.. All of you take care and good luck in life..

I wish you all the very best.. Sincerely.. Goodbye my friends..

I will say this.. I deserved better than this at the end..

Michael..

eveled

Hunter
I've learned a lot from your book, and have enjoyed it imensly. Thanks for sharing it with me. Godspeed friend...

Poco Oso

Buckeye
I wish you peace my friend. You saved my life.
Thanks is all I can say. You're a good man Michael. I think Dar would be proud.

contender

Ruger Guru
Michael has fallen upon even harder times than before. And yes,, we spoke today,, and I truly wish I could do more to help him out of his current situation. Sadly,, there are things beyond my control, and the local resources where he is are not very good.

And yes,, some here have condemned Michael, because he's not a religious person. But even through all his trials & such,, he knows I've prayed for him. And he appreciates it. He suffered at the hands of folks who claimed to be Christian,, yet did not act in a Christian way. But he knows there are good folks out there too.
So, while some have condemned him for his attitude towards religion, please understand that he lost his beliefs because of those abuses. And before you defend religion, look at all the national news about the abuses the Catholic Churches & their priests have committed, AND tried to hide. Michael is not alone in his loss of Faith.
A true Christian will accept his beliefs,, AND still pray for him. And as is so often said; "Let ye who is without sin, cast the first stone."
So, now,, in this time of his greatest needs,, just pray for him.

Enough about religion.

Michael has had a unique & interesting life. Some of it was very, very harsh,, yet he rose above it to succeed. And he never forgot where he came from, and helped so many,,, all while NOT looking for recognition.

His current situation is not very good, and is actually horrible.

So,, I openly ask for anyone who can, to offer good thoughts and/or prayers for him. This Forum has been a special part of his life these last few years.

GP100

Buckeye
Poco Oso said:
I wish you peace my friend. You saved my life.
Thanks is all I can say. You're a good man Michael. I think Dar would be proud.

You're welcome my friend..

I did nothing more than the right thing.. I did what my dad taught me to do.. The right thing.. Dar taught me that if I was to sit there and do nothing to help others, when I could make a difference, it would make me just as guilty for their death as if I killed them myself.. I've always lived by those words..

And I've never been a man that can turn a blind eye to others like that.. I've always been a champion for the little guy in this world.. I cannot allow others to suffer without getting involved.. I've always been that way.. Its just who I am.. Dar taught me my lessons well in life..

I miss my dad dearly.. I loved him more than my own life.. I wish he was here now to help me through this.. But he's gone..

I've done my best to live my life the way my dad would want me to live.. At the end of it all, I have no regrets..

It was an honor and privilege my friend..

graygun

Hunter
This is very sad to hear. Michael,we have "talked" a bit. I've only read some bits and pieces of your book so far.

GP100

Buckeye
graygun said:
This is very sad to hear. Michael,we have "talked" a bit. I've only read some bits and pieces of your book so far.

Graygun,

I ask nothing for myself.. But I have one request of all of those here..

Read it. Tell it.. Tell it to anyone that will listen.. USE my life to help others avoid the suffering I have went through in life.. If my death can save others in some way, then I did what my dad taught me to do.. I earned the right to be "his" son.. Everything I did in this world, I did because of Dar.. I so wanted to earn his respect.. I hope I did.. I loved him more than you can know.. He gave me a chance at life.. I owe my life to Dar.. I would of died as a kid if he hadn't cared..

He instilled everything into me he could.. He loved me.. But like any son, I wanted his approval..

Use the lessons I have learned, so that others can be saved by it.. If I am to do die like this, then please, I beg you, do not let me die in vain.. Let me die knowing that my death meant something.. That it helped others.. That's all I have left to ask.. My last request..

If you ever see a homeless kid, say around ten years old out there.. Remember me.. And help him/her.. I beg you all.. Please don't let the evils of this world take that child.. And never let them fall into the hands of the state.. That could be a fate worse than death.. Trust me..

Remember the words of the great Dar Robinson.. "One man can make a difference for the better."

You never know.. That child could very well make you damn proud some day.. And who knows? Maybe some day you can stick your chest out with pride and say, "I did that.. And I'm proud that I did.."

You can make a difference.. "If you want a miracle, BE the miracle.." And let it take flight..

Tom W

Blackhawk
I talked with Michael today. It's heartbreaking for him to be in his situation, and even more so due to the fact that I cannot do anything else to help him. If I could, I'd do whatever it takes, but as I'm on SSD there isn't a whole lot left after expenses. I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about.

GP100

Buckeye
Tom W said:
I talked with Michael today. It's heartbreaking for him to be in his situation, and even more so due to the fact that I cannot do anything else to help him. If I could, I'd do whatever it takes, but as I'm on SSD there isn't a whole lot left after expenses. I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about.

Tom,

It's okay.. I just wanted you to know my situation since we talk.. Already I've had some very nasty hate mail from at least one member here who private messaged me and expressed his opinion.. To that member, don't worry, you'll get your wish soon enough.. Nice sentiment.. I'm sure he wouldn't out himself by dancing on my grave in public here though.. That's why it was a PM.. He obviously doesn't want to make himself look bad in public.. But not to worry, I'll grant your wish soon enough..

I hold no ill will however.. I still wish him the best in life.. Even if he can't be decent towards me.. But it does beg the question however.. If you must dance on a man's grave to make yourself happy, then what does that say about you as a person? You obviously missed the whole point of my book and only thought about certain aspects of it.. And that's fine.. Each person will take from it what they desire to take from it.. This is life..

I choose to be the bigger person..

As to you Tom, It's been a pleasure sir.. I enjoyed our talks when we could get together.. It is nice when people can connect and talk about our lives and enjoy time.. I wish you the very best in life my friend.. And hope only for your happiness.. I can't please everybody, and don't even try too.. There are plenty of detractors out there that hate me due to my book.. And all they can see is the bad.. They get no lessons from it.. They miss the point entirely.. And anyone who doesn't agree with their opinion, is garbage.. It is, what it is in life.. I can promise you though that I've done more in my life to help others, than they probably ever did.. And what they fail to realize is this simple fact.. They condemn me for not being one of them and say nasty things to me, and wish me dead, and yet cannot understand why I have animosity towards that group? All they are doing by that, is proving what I say.. Instead of disproving it..

Doesn't matter Tom.. I wish to die with no animosity in my heart.. I still wish those people the best in life.. And if they must dance on my grave to prove how big they are, so be it.. I don't have to answer for that, or live with it.. And they've already proven they can obviously live with it since they said it.. Shows me the type of person they are.. They may say what they will.. At least I had the courage to say it publicly in my book, and not hide behind a PM because I was trying to hide what I was in public.. I'm no coward.. I speak my heart..

Take care Tom.. Live well my friend.. Be well..

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
I have talked with Mike frequently and I have enjoyed his writings about his life as a stunt person. I DO know and understand his reason for disliking supposed "christians" ; There are those who NEED to do a lot of deep research into the words of Jesus and his disciples in the Bible and into their actions. I am in the same position as TomW and can't financially help Mike, If I had the means, I certainly would.
Maybe someone who is able could start a "GoFundMe" page for Mike, after all if people give $400K to a drug addict and over $200K to a millionaire disgraced FBI agent perhaps they would also aid a dying stunt person.
Keep a good heart Mike.

GP100

Buckeye
Colonialgirl said:
I have talked with Mike frequently and I have enjoyed his writings about his life as a stunt person. I DO know and understand his reason for disliking supposed "christians" ; There are those who NEED to do a lot of deep research into the words of Jesus and his disciples in the Bible and into their actions. I am in the same position as TomW and can't financially help Mike, If I had the means, I certainly would.
Maybe someone who is able could start a "GoFundMe" page for Mike, after all if people give $400K to a drug addict and over $200K to a millionaire disgraced FBI agent perhaps they would also aid a dying stunt person.
Keep a good heart Mike.

Ahh my dear Pamela.. Where do I start with you?

First, Please let me say that it has been an honor and a privilege to know you sweetheart.. We have talked often.. I thank you for your love and support through the hard times.. You have tried to be a light, in a dark room.. I cannot ever express fully to you how much that meant to me.. Please just know that I love you as a friend, and wish nothing but a full life for you filled with love and joy.. "Find the joy in your life" Pamela.. You deserve happiness in your life.. Always..

There are good people, and there are those that consider me evil and sour, but yet, are no better.. I honesty hold no ill will towards them.. I choose to be the bigger person.. I will not reciprocate with foul language to them even in PM.. Because that's not my style..

Sure, I've said some things in jest that people might take the wrong way.. Or I've been openly honest about my feelings on things I felt needed to be said.. But again, it wasn't meant to be nasty even though it came out that way.. I was trying to educate them into seeing the issues that certain groups have, in order for them to recognize it themselves and try to fix it and better their group with it.. Sometimes people that are to close to an issue, cannot see it clearly until an outsider points it out to them.. Others sometimes do know the issue, yet just don't care.. And that is why the problem persists..

It was my intention, that readers of the book would in fact, take an "unbiased" eye to my writings and think to themselves, "Gee, maybe he's right.. Maybe I can become a better Christian, if I listen to this.. Or maybe my church can benefit from this criticism and use it as a way to better ourselves or our religion.. How can we make our reputation better with people?"

I was, in my own way, trying to show people the way to god from the bible's standpoint.. I don't need to be a believer to do that.. That is what the bible is for.. But many desire to translate it the way they see fit.. They Cherry pick what they like, and disregard the rest.. Like the man here who recently stated he left his church because his preacher "went" political.. He has a valid point.. God should not be political.. He doesn't vote Democrat or Republican.. God doesn't care about your politics.. He only cares about your heart.. There are many here that have cursed and condemned me for not being a believer.. But I can site numerous examples in the bible that people hold so dear to their heart, where even Jesus spoke of loving the non-believer.. He even helped them as I remember it.. He didn't curse them and wish them dead.. It wasn't his way.. Jesus loved everybody.. Even me.. It says so in the bible..

He didn't tell them "Good F'n Riddence".. He was full of love, not hate or animosity towards those he didn't agree with..

To those that have felt the need to be hateful towards me in PM, I don't hate you.. I'm sorry you feel that way.. And I'm sorry if I offended your belief system.. I said what I felt needed to be said to help people understand "why" people like me feel the way we do, in an attempt to help you fix it so that we don't feel that way in the future.. Address the issue, and fix it.. So the future generations will flock to you.. Not away from you.. If you cannot see that, then I'm sorry for that.. But even then in my book, I was trying to help others.. Be it a back-handed way.. Can't fix the problem, if you don't know exactly what's broke..

Perhaps there will be those that will see my words, and take them to heart and change things for the better.. Again, you have the power to take my words, and use them for the good of all.. But it's truly your choice to do that or not.. Just like it's your choice to hate me or not.. But I do not hate you personally.. It's the hypocrisy that I hate.. Not you personally.. I wish you well in life, even if you wish me dead.. You'll get your wish soon enough.. And that's fine too.. I'm an old man that has nothing to hide.. I've done my best for this country and those in it.. And even though you hate me, I would still help you if you were dying in the street.. Because that's who I am.. I may be rough on the exterior, but I'm not the bastard you think I am.. And those that "truly" know me, know this.. I come off as gruff, but I do have a soft heart towards others.. You just think you know me from my book.. But if that's all you see, then you don't see me.. And you cannot truly see me.. I've been through hell.. Things you have no clue about.. And if you had been through half of the things I've been through, you would have blown your brains out a long time ago.. And lesser men have.. But I realize that even though I would help you, you wouldn't do the same for me.. You would be more than content to see me die homeless in my truck on the street, because you hate what I said..

Fair enough.. Wish granted..

But allow me a parting gift in these words to you..

"Do not judge me, for thou shall be judged as well.. Be careful, for you never know when ye may be entertaining an Angel from god.. And god can, and will use any tools at his disposal to test the faith of thee.. Even a non-believer may be used to test you.. For you claim to know god, but by your actions will you be revealed.. And it may very well come to pass that on the day of judgement, god may not know you...."

Funny that I should know these words better as a non-believer, than those that go to church on Sunday, and claim to know it so well.. Yet, they do not live it in the heart or actions.. That is sad.. How can you bring a thirsty man's soul to god, when you thyself haven't drank the water of the spirit by living it?

Again, I'm not trying to hurt anyone.. I'm just trying to help you better yourself in the beliefs you have.. Perhaps those words will help others to be better people and live up to the ideals they set in the bible.. Just showing good examples here.. Nothing more folks..

As to you Pamela, Be well sweetheart.. If I never talk to you ever again after Tuesday, I want you to know how much you've meant to me as a friend.. Thank you for the birthday M&M's sweety.. It meant a lot to me.. You're a real sweet person.. May only the best in life find it's way to you..

And I thought you would find that interesting.. Hence why I sent it to you.. Its amazing the public face people put on, but yet the nastiness they reveal when they think nobody is looking.. But no, it didn't shock me either.. I would expect no less from those that claim to walk on water..

Take care sweetheart.. And my best to your other half in life.. Hugs to you..

Everything in my book can be used to help others.. Its life lessons are there for those that are analytical and choose to see them.. It is not mere entertainment.. It is an education for those willing to take it and use it.. Do with it as they wish.. If all they get out of it is that it is a rip on religion, then they missed the point.. Higher education is calling.. Care to answer the phone, or let it ring? Read between the lines folks.. See the words that aren't written.. I'm trying to tell you something.. See the words within yourself.. The book has a much deeper meaning than you think.. Do not just look at the gum wrapper.. Look deeper my friends.. See the ingredients..

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Michael, there are no words which will change your situation, but I do offer good thoughts, and prayers, that your remaining time is productive in whatever way it can be. I must admit I haven't really kept up with your book, but will make it a point to both read it and try to follow your wishes in applying its lessons in my every day life. I'm sure there is as much to learn from actually using the wisdom you've collected as from simply reading it.

May the rest of your journey be as pleasant as possible, and know that one way or another you've been a good friend here and can continue that as long as possible. And may peace and strength both be with you in that time still ahead!

Rick C

GP100

Buckeye
Rick Courtright said:
Hi,

Michael, there are no words which will change your situation, but I do offer good thoughts, and prayers, that your remaining time is productive in whatever way it can be. I must admit I haven't really kept up with your book, but will make it a point to both read it and try to follow your wishes in applying its lessons in my every day life. I'm sure there is as much to learn from actually using the wisdom you've collected as from simply reading it.

May the rest of your journey be as pleasant as possible, and know that one way or another you've been a good friend here and can continue that as long as possible. And may peace and strength both be with you in that time still ahead!

Rick C

Dear Rick,

Thank you sir.. I've always respected you Rick.. I know that people here don't always agree with each other on politics or just things in general at times, but this is life.. Nobody is ever going to agree 100% with others all the time.. But, you have always shown me respect sir. I appreciate that..

Thank you Rick, for just being you.. You're a pretty great guy in my book.. And I sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, wish you and your family the best in life.. May you know nothing but joy and peace..

What has happened to me, wasn't my fault.. I did nothing wrong.. But I will more than likely be the one to ultimately pay the price for it..

Always remember these words Rick..

"We all pay as we go in life.. Sometimes it's a little, sometimes it's a lot.. And sometimes, you pay with everything you have... But we pay as we go my friend.. Trust me.." Mike Petter..

I always enjoyed your posts Rick.. Hopefully, we can keep in touch for a while.. Dunno.. Depends if my cell phone can get a signal.. But if not, take care sir.. You're Aces in my book..

Be good Rick. And thank you..

Mike.

Taterman

Buckeye
Rick Courtright said:
Hi,

Rick C

Very well said Rick. I haven't been able to read through the whole book myself yet, but wish you nothing but peace no matter what. I hope you are able to continue posting here as well. I wish I had the chance to speak with you, and if it's still possible please send a PM. I'm sure you are quite busy now so if not I understand. I can only offer a willing ear.

turd

Buckeye
GP100 - I mostly lurk and read here. Haven't seen the link to your book, tho I likely would read it, or at least try it. Wish I knew more about you. The folks you have thanked and/or referenced here are all very good people from my lurking and reading. I don't know much about you, but I have read many of your posts and see no reason why anyone would think it appropriate to PM nastiness. There are people like that everywhere, tho, not just on the internet. I was raised Christian, although I've been very disappointed many times in my life by how people that identify as Christians certainly don't live the life, or follow the teachings unless it benefits them. Many use their religious views to judge others as you have expressed. I have tried to live with and treat others the way I have been taught without expecting much in return, although I have failed in that, too, many times. We each just do the best we can.

I don't know your situation, but it doesn't sound good. I will add my prayers as I do believe there is an entity that hears genuinely felt wishes for another's well being.

Mike, I am speechless? You don’t write, you don’t call. I am going to name you again a “closet Christian!” Sorry man, but that is how I see it :). I know you are doing the best that you can. Call me if you need to talk.
gramps

GP100

Buckeye
turd said:
GP100 - I mostly lurk and read here. Haven't seen the link to your book, tho I likely would read it, or at least try it. Wish I knew more about you. The folks you have thanked and/or referenced here are all very good people from my lurking and reading. I don't know much about you, but I have read many of your posts and see no reason why anyone would think it appropriate to PM nastiness. There are people like that everywhere, tho, not just on the internet. I was raised Christian, although I've been very disappointed many times in my life by how people that identify as Christians certainly don't live the life, or follow the teachings unless it benefits them. Many use their religious views to judge others as you have expressed. I have tried to live with and treat others the way I have been taught without expecting much in return, although I have failed in that, too, many times. We each just do the best we can.

I don't know your situation, but it doesn't sound good. I will add my prayers as I do believe there is an entity that hears genuinely felt wishes for another's well being.

Hi Turd,

Well, you must understand, my book wasn't meant to cause issues, but it did for some individuals.. My book was honestly never written or designed to anger anyone.. I wrote the book about my life, starting from being born.. It was about me, and my struggles, and my wins throughout life.. It wasn't aimed at anyone as a "bash fest".. I told people right from the start, that my book, "wasn't a love letter to life" and that there were parts of it that weren't pretty.. But I had to be truthful about my attitude and my life and my personality as a young man.. If I wasn't going to be honest in the book, then why write it? I wasn't going to lie about who I was.. This was a book about my life..

Our experiences as a child, pretty much defines us as adults.. And those that have bad experiences like me and thousands of other kids, aren't going to have the greatest outlook on life.. I went through horrors as a child, that most adults have never seen.. Thankfully.. I wouldn't wish that hell on even my worst enemy.. That would be cruel.. In some respects, perhaps it was a mistake to write a "tell all" book about my entire life.. Perhaps in retrospect, I should have avoided the bad parts that people wouldn't like.. But I wrote the book for me first and foremost.. It was therapy for me.. I wanted people to understand all the struggles I went through to get to where I finally ended up.. In spite of the ugliness I went through..

There's an old saying.. And it's true.. "You cannot know where you're going, until you look at where you've been", or something to that effect.. And it was my intention, to examine the roads I've traveled in life, in order for folks to understand who I became. And why.. My childhood was a disaster, and even though it was pure hell in many respects, I came out of it better than most did.. Most died from suicide or drugs or gang violence.. I managed somehow to avoid all that, and come out on top, instead of winding up on the bottom. Under 6' of dirt..

The book was written so people would know who I was.. Not just the good parts.. But the bad as well.. We all have two sides to us in life.. Most people hide the side they don't want people to see.. I chose to brave it out and reveal it to the world, because I wanted to be honest..

It was, and still is my intention, for people to look at my book, and see a deeper meaning in it.. To use it to their advantage in life.. To use it to help others with the hard lessons I learned through the journey of life.. I didn't want the message to be blatant in the book.. I wanted people to "really" read it and comprehend the meaning of it all.. To be analytical while reading it.. There are messages there, between the lines.. I promise you that.. And good messages at that..

But I want the reader to figure that out for themselves.. If I give away the meaning of the book, then why would anyone read the book? There is much to be gained by reading different chapters.. However, it seems that there are some people that chose to focus only on the negative of the book.. But this is a huge mistake.. They are truly missing the bigger picture by not looking at the whole thing.. I understand that we humans suffer from "tunnel vision" at times.. But that can often be detrimental to the bigger picture..

My book actually gets over 550-600 views per chapter.. I've counted the views before each new chapter, and after.. The numbers show that there are many that have taken an interest in it.. I'm glad about that.. I must be doing something right.. And so long as I can continue to get a signal, I will continue to write it.. I'm not a quitter.. Never have been.. And I have already gotten a PM from someone who has read my book, and told me "he gets it"..

And he was right! What he said was correct about the message.. He aced it.. Now, if only everybody can see that message, then I've achieved something great with it.. I asked him not to reveal it though.. He promised he wouldn't.. But damn if he didn't catch at least one of the messages.. I think that's cool..

It is my sincerest hope, that people will use the lessons in my book to help others in life.. That was why I wrote it.. I sincerely apologize to those that have been offended by it.. It was never my intention to do this.. But it did anger some people.. And I'm sorry for that.. I had one member who told me that some people were offended by my commentary on religion, because they hate to hear the truth.. And he said I not only spoke the truth about the issues, but I hit them hard with it.. And that was what they didn't like.. And he is a religious man himself.. But instead of condemning me for it, he embraced it and admitted, "We have a lot of work to do to improve ourselves..

I thank you for your kind words Turd.. Seriously. I appreciate your kindness and prayers.. Although I admit, I just don't think prayer is gonna save me on this one.. The person that caused this, screwed up bigtime.. I was not at fault.. But when the AX falls, it will fall on my neck.. Mainly because I'm the primary name on the lease agreement.. So, I get the blame even though I paid "my" bills.. That individual gets to live their life scott free and walk away unharmed by their actions if they choose too.. I'm the one that pays the price.. I'll say no more on that, because I'm very angry at it all.. This is why Dar taught me to never be at the mercy of others.. And as usual, my dad was right.. He died in 86, and yet, he's still reaching out to me and teaching me things.. He was a wise man..

Sorry for the long winded post Turd.. I'm used to writing the book I guess, and forget this isn't a chapter..

Here's a link to the book.. May you find your way in the journey of it, and hopefully you can use some of it to help others.. It's all I have left to leave people in this world.. By the way, if you get the messages, send me a PM and let me know.. I would love to hear from you guys on it.. Seriously..

Thank you again.. And above all, take care Turd.. May your journey through life, be free from incident.. I hope you have many years filled with happiness..

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=235601

Michael.

Very sad to read this Mike, I am another big fan of you and your story as well as the posts you had with jokes, cartoons and also the PM messages we have exchanged over the years. Your story is compelling both the happy chapters and also the not so happy because those do illustrate how much you can enjoy the better times and that we should all be grateful for ours. Like Tyrone/Contender and others I am another one who has prayed for you over the years and I think you probably knew that. I personally do not get the hate and nastiness of some online and on forums. There is enough bad in real life to just leave such in that place and not bring it here. I believe that you will take this in the positive way it is meant, on religion I DO see much in your story that has me saying that you are a believer in so many respects, you are just not a phoney like many are.

GP100

Buckeye
gramps said:
Mike, I am speechless? You don’t write, you don’t call. I am going to name you again a “closet Christian!” Sorry man, but that is how I see it :). I know you are doing the best that you can. Call me if you need to talk.
gramps

Gramps,,, My dear friend.. Where the hell do I even start with you? Words do no justice my friend..

You have been a guiding light, and my own personal savior in many ways.. Words alone cannot describe what I feel for you as a friend.. You saved my life literally on more than one occasion.. Without you, I would have died a horrible death over a year ago.. What can a man say to that?

You have often teased me that I'm a closet christian in disguise.. No my dear brother.. I assure you, I'm not.. But if there is one truth to be learned about my book, it is that I do desire to bring people together for the common good.. There is too much damned hate in the world, and not enough love.. I spent a lifetime giving to others, as a way to teach them something.. I hope that lesson can be learned by those here before I close my eyes..

In many ways, YOU get the book.. And you practice it in many ways.. Without even realizing it in many ways, you actually got a few points of the book.. I know this because of how you live, and how you treated me.. You are the shining example of the man I can use to show folks that there is a better way in life..

And that, was the whole point to it all my friend.. You actually got it in many respects.. You lived up to my fathers words.. "One man can make a difference."

And you did.. Not once, but numerous times.. You proved to me that my dad was right..

There are many truths in my book.. Hidden messages for people to gather like clues.. To help them throughout life.. Even though I shouldn't, I will reveal three of those truths in my book.. Here are three of those hidden messages.. There are many more..

1) One man can make a difference.

2) Evil can only triumph, when good men do nothing..

3) Be excellent to each other..

You have lived up to those three messages in my book.. You made a difference in my life by saving it.. You did not allow an evil germ to kill me when I almost died.. You could have sat there and did nothing.. But then, evil would have triumphed.. And you would not stand for that.. And finally, you were excellent to another human being.. You had the heart to help someone less fortunate than you..

You lived up to my fathers teachings.. And the meaning of my life.. I have patterned my life after those three teachings.. Hence why I have done so much, for so many over the years.. I asked for no praise or recognition.. I did it all because evil can only triumph, if I stand there and do nothing..

What kind of man would I be, if I saw an issue, and did nothing to help? I wouldn't be a very good person if I sat on my ass and let others suffer when I could stop it.. One man can make a difference.. Imagine what we could achieve if we all chipped in and made a difference like that..

The book is a life lesson.. Not just entertainment..

I am living proof my friends, that a man can live in a sh*t smelling foul sewer as a child, and come out the other end smelling like a damned rose.. And even though I lived in a crap sewer as a kid, I still succeeded in life and used that gift of life to help others.. And if I, a worthless street rat can do it, what's your excuse for not doing it? You do not always have to have money to help others.. It's the little things that mean a lot in life.. Go help your elderly neighbor take out her garbage.. Or mow her lawn.. Things like that.. Giving of yourself..

That right there is only a small part of my book revealed to you all.. But many people choose to sit there and watch the evil flourish in this world.. They choose to do nothing.. But if they have faith, and choose to make a difference in the life of others, they can move mountains.. Like I have for others..

I'll go full on religious here with my next statement..

Matthew 17:20 KJV.

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Do not just read the words my friends.. LIVE THEM! Believe you can make a difference and move that mountain!

They may just be words to some people.. But they are good and wise words.. Words that my dad believed in.. He saw a mountain in my way, and removed it so I could have a life! And so did Gramps.. Gramps saw a mountain in my life that almost killed me, and he believed he could move it, and he did.. I'm still alive because one man had the power to move that damn mountain..

I'm telling you people.. If you only see my book in a certain way, you are really missing the message here folks.. Look past the words on the page..

(religious mode OFF)

Thank you Lawrence, for your strength and kindness through the years.. You have been a great friend throughout all the hell I've suffered over the past few years.. If I lived to be 120, I could never come close to repaying the kindness you have had in your heart..

We don't always agree with things.. But there is respect.. We have had our arguments for sure.. But friends do that and still remain friends..

If anything goes wrong, I want to let you know how much your friendship has meant to me.. Thank you Lawrence.. For everything..

Mike.

Latest posts