To my fellow Marines

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
While out in Ouray, CO we stopped by Rudy's place. They have put up a plaque dedicated to him, guess it says it all.

6ivb4g.jpg

Viking Queen

Blackhawk
Very nice tribute plaque. I have a special place in my heart for Marines.

Both Mom and Dad were Marines in WWII and Dad's youngest brother was a very young Marine who lost his life on Okinawa in 1944.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Semper Fi !

Viking Queen

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Thanks for the post.

My late brother-in-law was with the Third Marine Division on Bouganville, Guam, and Iwo Jima. He was on the docks in San Francisco eady to board a troop transport for the invasion of Japan when news reached them of the "Bomb."

My nephew served with the Marines at Khe Sahn (?) during the Viet Nam War. He died a couple of years ago of cancer. We believe the cancer was induced by Viet Nam service.

Bob Wright

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
When I was growing up a Navy dependent and sold news papers on the Navy bases at Millington,TN and Jacksonville,FL (4th and 5th grades) the Marines were ALWAYS great people and always tipped too.

olcop

Single-Sixer
Bob Wright said:
Thanks for the post.

My late brother-in-law was with the Third Marine Division on Bouganville, Guam, and Iwo Jima. He was on the docks in San Francisco eady to board a troop transport for the invasion of Japan when news reached them of the "Bomb."

My nephew served with the Marines at Khe Sahn (?) during the Viet Nam War. He died a couple of years ago of cancer. We believe the cancer was induced by Viet Nam service.

Bob Wright
Bob,
I know, and knew several former military men who were exposed to Agent Orange during their tour in Southeast Asia, without exception they all have numerous health problems,and many have died from both common and uncommon health problems. It seems to me that the total range of the effects of exposure is still unknown.I watched one of the finest people I've ever known die a horrible death from brain cancer, and another is recovering from a brain aneurysm and suffers daily with other health problems.
olcop

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Thanks. Always like to see that sort of thing. Besides myself, I have 2 Marine uncles (one deceased). One who served in WWII - Okinawa invasion, and one in Korea wounded at Chosin. Both sides of my family have a long military history - going back to before the Revolution.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
olcop said:
I know, and knew several former military men who were exposed to Agent Orange during their tour in Southeast Asia, without exception they all have numerous health problems,and many have died from both common and uncommon health problems. It seems to me that the total range of the effects of exposure is still unknown.

Hi,

One can add Parkinson's to that list. A former client fought with the VA for years before they'd ever admit a lot of guys exposed to Agent Orange were developing it. He finally got some care, but too late to really help him much.

I've heard some stories from Marines who served in Gulf One, too...

Rick C