TLA -Improved #5 Quad

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The last two of these finally arrived last week. The set includes a 45 Colt, 44 Mag, A 41 Mag complete with rare factory display box and my 41 Mag that was a box of unfitted parts that Alan Harton was able to complete. Alan did the ivories on all the guns.

TLA stands for Texas Longhorn Arms and it was started by a man named Bill Grover. He built several different style single actions but the Improved #5 was his tribute and enhancement of Elmer Keith's #5 revolver.

One unique thing about Grover's guns is the fact that the loading gate is on the opposite side of all other single actions. Gill like to say that the loading gate on the right side of a Colt single action proved Samuel Colt was left handed. I doubt it since Sam Colt did not design the Colt Single Action Army. It was designed after he had died.

Thanks Tim, I was going to look for a TLA Border Special to add to these #5s and the 41 Flat Top Target but once I snuck the USFA Double Eagle away from Steve I kind of quit looking for the Border Special. That is not to say I would not look at one in 41 mag if it came along but not much chance of that happening.

mhblaw

Blackhawk
I almost got a #5 from Cubrock about a year ago. Wanted to trade him Ruger stock (then about $85). He declined...smart man.