TISAS 1911, .45acp - picked it up today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Ordered this pistol about a week ago from AAFES.

TISAS (Turkish clone) "Tanker" model (4.25" bbl). Grips I had on hand. Looks good, no obvious issues on first field strip, inspection, cleaning. Probably won't shoot it till tomorrow.

LtB1TMi.jpg

mrZx0Vb.jpg

3YBZBHc.jpg

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Been thinking about getting one too. Love the grips on yours. Elk?

Where'd you find the Tanker in stock?
Yes, Elk. The TISAS line of original design 1911's is pretty scarce, at least around here. I ordered this one from the AF Base Exchange near me. Don't know about availability on-line. They are popular so if you find one, jump on it. :)

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
First target. 20 rnds, mix of Blazer 230grn aluminum, Fiocchi 230grn brass, and Hornady 185grn XTP. Had one feed jamup and that was with the Hornady. Probably my fault. Otherwise no problems. I definitely need more trigger time with this gun.

10yds:

xq4EsU9.jpg

TacoFrank

Bearcat
I bought one a couple of years ago because of all the great reviews. I really like mine and feel it's a steal for the money. I paid $350 for mine. I have a little over a thousand trouble free rounds through it. Mostly hand loads. It eats everything great except semi-wad cutters. Accuracy is on par with a my series 70. Looks to be very well made inside and out.
Don't think you could go wrong with one.
TacoFrank

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
Finished off the box of aluminum Blazer today (about 40rnds) mostly to just exercise the gun with fast strings of double taps. Since I only have 2 mags (that will change next week!!) I couldn't get it really hot, which is something I like to do on a new gun just to stress it some and see if anything is going to break. This stuff is pretty slow (830fps advert) out of a 5" test barrel, and likely down to around 810 or less from mine. But it cycled ok, except for one round that got stuck on the feed ramp on the 2nd magazine. Quick tap on the slide and it went in, and the remaining 2 rnds cycled normally. I consider that useful practice also.:)

No further issues for the remainder of the session.