Timney Trigger, 10/22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Never tried one. I have tried the brand V and wasn't impressed at all. It's more name than anything I believe. Over on RFC, I read much more about other branded ones than the brand V stuff being used/suggested. I've also tried the DIY kits and wasn't overly impressed. Some of the newer ones I hear very good reviews of. If you're looking at brand V than I'm guessing you're fairly serious as to the end result of your build. Look at Jard also. Have one and love it. Was considered 2nd only to the Kidd when I asked about them. For general builds though, mine get sent to TT Shooter. For about the cost of the good DIY kits, you get a much better result - better then the 2x costing brand V.
Looking at the Timney one, it appears to have a trigger show which will make it feel lighter while still requiring a closer to normal weight. Gotta believe it's gotta be pretty good with them behind it though.

BlkHawk73":3sn2pipf said:
Never tried one. I have tried the brand V and wasn't impressed at all. It's more name than anything I believe. Over on RFC, I read much more about other branded ones than the brand V stuff being used/suggested. I've also tried the DIY kits and wasn't overly impressed. Some of the newer ones I hear very good reviews of. If you're looking at brand V than I'm guessing you're fairly serious as to the end result of your build. Look at Jard also. Have one and love it. Was considered 2nd only to the Kidd when I asked about them. For general builds though, mine get sent to TT Shooter. For about the cost of the good DIY kits, you get a much better result - better then the 2x costing brand V.
Looking at the Timney one, it appears to have a trigger show which will make it feel lighter while still requiring a closer to normal weight. Gotta believe it's gotta be pretty good with them behind it though.

Actually...I'm not overly spoiled by requiring really great triggers, but my new SR-22 has a really BAD trigger. So, I figured I'd start checking my options, and if I'm gonna do it, I may as well go all the way.
Thanks.
WAYNO.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
WAYNO":2utwxuzr said:
[ if I'm gonna do it, I may as well go all the way.
Thanks.
WAYNO.

IMO, there's not much sense going "all he way" on the trigger unless you're gonna do the same for the rest of the gun (bbl, bolt, etc)