Three Screw Shooters

Help Support Ruger Forum:

texaswheelgunner

Single-Sixer
Here are two pictures of my shooters. I don't have any safe queens.
Top is .45 Convertible with Cary C.'s Honey Mesquite Grips.
Middle is .44 FT
Bottom is Super BKH

100_1804.jpg

100_1794.jpg

texaswheelgunner

Single-Sixer
AsRebel.....you're right. They're all three sand bag queens. Got the .45 and the SB within the last few years....both were like new.

The FT was used but I spruced it up a bit.

Dave T

Single-Sixer
They all appear to have the proper number of screws in the frame (smile). Sure hope they didn't go back for the lawyer approved fix!

Dave

mattsbox99

Hunter
Great photos, and much nicer "shooters" than my "non shooters" :D

Not that mine are designated non shooters, just that I have a lot of guns and not a lot of time to shoot them all equally.

Dave T

Single-Sixer
texas wg,

I really didn't think they were converted. Just funnin' with you and giving a little poke in the ribs of those who think the original 3-screws are un-safe.

Dave

oregon73

Blackhawk
Shooters??? Hey, I'm glad you're enjoying them. You've got a 44 flattop with a 7.5'' barrel--very nice! The 45 Colt is also pretty nice. Not many of either made. Makes that beautiful Super look a little .... ordinary! Not an easy task!

Really like those grips by CaryC. Really neat!

Rob

texaswheelgunner

Single-Sixer
oregon73, got the .45 last year; it had been shot very little. Turns out I had to have the front sight built up (welded) to bring the groups down 6". Also it (the front sight) was so far off to the right I had to have the barrel reindexed to center.

Also the center pin HAD THE NOTCH IN THE WRONG PLACE. Replaced with a Belt Mt. pin. In addition, the recoil plate pin kept walking out, so I had to reinstall with some locktite (blue).

Had to have the cylindersmith.com punch out the chamber throats in both cylinders for me so I could chamber Keith syle cast bullets. Man, it was just one thing after another. But now she is an awesome shooter.

22bond

Single-Sixer
I have never seen such pretty blue on a shooter before.
Very nice camera work too.