Three days and a 'wake up'

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Getting hard to sit still and seems an endless amount of 'stuff' still to do. I have a Dr. appointment Monday morning and have to work Monday afternoon and Tuesday. Leaving here Wednesday morning.
I spent some time this morning checking my scope(s) for the final time. The 6.5 has a BDC reticle and turns out to be right on the money using BDC marks out to 300 yards ( I really don't expect to shoot further). The 25/06 is right where I left it last year-dead on @ 200 and 8" low @ 300. Surprisingly, the 115 Nosler Partitions have same POI as the 100 E-Tips at 100 yards and pretty close further out.
Seated using the BogPod I ran 25 shots through the 22 on the 1.5" swinger @ 50 yards with only 3 misses which ain't bad when considering the sand bagged rest accuracy of the rifle and 35 year old ammo is no better than 2.5" @ 100 yards.
I got my duffle bag packed and all that's left is loading up.

At least getting better, thanks. I'm going to my local Doctor today for his opinion on the progress and a couple of other issues I'd like to have checked before heading west. Still have some very fragile areas on both hands. It seems I may have an abscess or something like that on my left ear. That ear was significantly scorched and hasn't fully healed but is not quite right.

"use it for some mental healing as well."
As unlikely as it might seem considering all the tough spots I've been in, there are some lingering mental issues. Saturday night, I heard the whop-whop of helicopter rotor fairly close and went out to see what/where(this is normal for me). The sound was the Air-Evac flight coming almost directly over my house north to south. Instant replay of Nov 2 and I had the shakes for about 5 minutes.
A revelation of the fact that I'm not young and tough and bulletproof anymore.

Leaving in 3 hours. My hunting companion from ILL arrived yesterday afternoon and we all met at Son's house for supper(elk steaks from my last successful hunt-very appropriate). MIL was able to attend which was great since it might be the last time the folks from ILL get to see her outside a coffin. We got all our coolers and baggage loaded-seems like a big pile of stuff for four guys/seven days. Pickup and trailer tires are still round (vs being squashed flat on the bottom).
Son has a couple of stops to make along the way but we're only going as far as Dodge City KS today so no rush-makes for a more enjoyable trip. Grandson is totally hyper--that's part of the fun of taking 'first timers'.
Guess I'll check back when I get home.

I'M HOME
Arrived around 9PM after a 15 hour day on the road. 100% success rate--actually 3 elk by 8AM second morning. All were 300+# hanging weight on the processor's scales.
Yeah, yeah I know I'm supposed to post pictures. I'm working on that. After a week of non-use, my desktop has developed a mind of it's own and I'm too tired to fight with it for control. Maybe in a couple of days.

Latest posts