Thoughts on carved leather design

Help Support Ruger Forum:

If it's gonna be concealed, why do it? You can't show it off in public?
Because I can. Depending on the environment I can openly wear them at friendly events. Why do women wear nice underwear? There's a certain satisfaction when people ask where I got that. It's my place to artistically express myself.

eveled

Hawkeye
I like oak leaves & acorns and western floral. If not one of those, I like basket weave.
My preferences are the same.

I will point out that tooled leather is much like the fancy stitching on cowboy boots. Usually hidden and an artistic detail that seems to serve no function other than pride of ownership.

But. It can have a function. Tooled leather will loose some of its stiffness, and the texture will make it more grippy. On something like a pocket holster it may be more likely to stay in you pocket when you draw.

Similarly the stitching on a cowboy boot adds stiffness to the shank.

BearBiologist

Buckeye
Because I can. Depending on the environment I can openly wear them at friendly events. Why do women wear nice underwear? There's a certain satisfaction when people ask where I got that. It's my place to artistically express myself.
I DO NOT plan on undressing you to find out!!

Here's 1 of my favorite designs. Appears to be pretty simple too. I acquired a complete stamp outfit and this will be the first design I'm going to attempt.

elpasosaddlery_allegiance_2.jpg

Latest posts