Thoughts and prayers for the Mexicans in SW Mexico

Help Support Ruger Forum:

opos

Buckeye
We talk a lot about the illegals and the problems with all that but down in mainland Mexico there are small villages with some really nice people...they are poor as dirt but are loving parents and have always treated me well in years past in my travels....I'm not talking about the bartender in Puerto Vallarta at a Gringo hotel...I mean the folks working in the little towns and in the communities...The area South of P/V is getting hammered with a catagory 5 hurricane right now and knowing that area fairly well..there will be disasters we can't imagine...that's the worst hurricane ever to hit anywhere in that area...fortunately there are mountains so the destruction will be quick and then pretty much over fairly quickly..

I have special feelings for that part of Mexico and just ask for kind thoughts for some nice folks that are facing ruin right now.
Thanks

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mexicos-pacific-coast-braces-for-monster-hurricane-patricia/

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

When I saw one of the maps this afternoon, the first thing I wondered out loud was "Will some of those little villages disappear from the planet?"

Prayers come from SoCal that they don't and their residents make it thru ok!

Rick C

smoke-eater

Blackhawk
gramps said:
Prayers sent! I don't dislike Mexicans. I love their food, culture etc. they aren't illegals. I wish them well.
gramps

Very well and conscientiously said, Gramps. No hatred for folks who long to make a better life for their families. Now, our elected officials who created this immigration disaster, I'll call them the 'enablers', that's a whole 'nuther story.
Prayers for those poor peasants are in order.

Jeff

opos

Buckeye
RonT said:
How about some thoughts and prayers for Texans facing flood waters?

For sure...the situation in Mexico is that several small villages that took the full brunt of the storm are, as expected, literally destroyed...the small poorly constructed houses are not capable of withstanding that kind of storm...tragic but unless they find some there were no fatalities. The major cities North and South of landfall were pretty much spared serious damage and they had made arrangements to house the tourists before the storm hit. The mountains that rise up behind the coastline broke the storm up or it could have been much worse.

The Texas thing, according to the weather folks is a real bad deal...I'm not familiar with that area like I am with the Mexican coast but strong thoughts for the folks that are catching hell from the storm.

Rancher Will

Blackhawk
Thankfully, the reports this morning on the radio indicate that the hurricane quickly down graded as it arrived and it is reported that there were no fatalities. I hope it turns out this way in the end.

Originally reports indicated that the hurricane, grade as a No 5 in strength, "was strongest on record". In the same report this morning it was said that the hurricane was the "strongest on record since 1959 when records were first measured in that area".