This weeks gun show.........

Help Support Ruger Forum:

turned out to be interesting, family I had talked with last year came to the show to sell me Dads "old Ruger .22 convertible" , so this is what they brought, yes a #70,xxx serial numbered roundgate , in " a box", with all the paper work.................

skOP5jvm.jpg

kNL8raZm.jpg

I had to explain to them it wasn't what he had told them and showed them why.....yep pre magnum gun in a RSS-4 box with manuals for two 8/59 Single Sixes and a early Bearcat undated...as well as the road map catalog announcing the .44 flatops and the RSSE, as well as a MINT in the bag ( and a 'wrong' white cylinder box) but it too was also .22 Lr with firing pin groove ,NOT a magnum,,,,so they thought I was disappointed and did not want it, BUT Like we say " the sum of the total of the parts" so bought it all, they were very pleased,,,,,,,,nice to help folks out for the holidays......;):cool:(y)

Last edited:
As I often say be nice and help folks and it comes back,,I forgot to add that wrapped up in the brown wrap was the "parts kit" for the old model Single Six, still sealed and they were NOT from this gun........neat Merry Christmas !!;)

Thank you and best to you guys in the coming New Year...Mike the "box" is all boxed up and waiting for the RUSH to be over Sir...........
Paul you CAN be a "buckeye" again, if just for a short while........;):cool:

OH yes, just the week before a guy came to the show and brought me his Dads New Bearcat convertible, brand new bought when they came back out in 1993...He never shot it and when I saw the serial number ,3 digits and ALL "7"s, knew my wife would like it, she's a numbers lover and she had sold all her early new Model Bearcats , and they too were all 3 digit guns ,and all went out west many years ago, but now she really liked her "new" early Christmas present.........;)

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Thank you and best to you guys in the coming New Year...Mike the "box" is all boxed up and waiting for the RUSH to be over Sir...........
Paul you CAN be a "buckeye" again, if just for a short while........;):cool:
Will await the mail! In the meantime, will play with the custom steel OM grip frame and burl panels I told you about, that came recently from Mike Ventorino. Be safe over the holidays!

Hankus

Blackhawk
Nice catch. I went to the local gun show last weekend looking for single actions to add to my collection and saw this Super Blackhawk. What caught my eye was the horrible fit of the grips on a factory-new gun. I can't believe this made it through QC!

Attachments

• 549C7443-D725-441C-9F49-103FCFB40FBF.jpeg
    549C7443-D725-441C-9F49-103FCFB40FBF.jpeg
    947.8 KB · Views: 84

Hankus

Blackhawk
I DID score a deal on these two double actions at the local gun show last weekend. I paid less than the value of the Super Redhawk for the two combined. Now my wife has a .357 nightstand gun and I have have a .454 Casull hand cannon.

Attachments

• 370BEAEA-6EB7-4265-BDFE-849C1D68FC10.jpeg
    370BEAEA-6EB7-4265-BDFE-849C1D68FC10.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 68

Hankus

Blackhawk
OH yes, just the week before a guy came to the show and brought me his Dads New Bearcat convertible, brand new bought when they came back out in 1993...He never shot it and when I saw the serial number ,3 digits and ALL "7"s, knew my wife would like it, she's a numbers lover and she had sold all her early new Model Bearcats , and they too were all 3 digit guns ,and all went out west many years ago, but now she really liked her "new" early Christmas present.........;)
Does the Bearcat convertible still have the magnum cylinder??

OH yes, its the "almost" the complete package , shipper missing but has the letter for the 'recall'........ You got nice guns and yes over the years all too many Rugers especially in stainless steel, the grips were "short", missed the edges???
see you're Fla gulf coast ,hope you missed the BAD weather recently, my folks lived on Marco island and the storm hit n Naples. and north, my friend Dick W. lost his condo there ,,,doing a complete rebuild?? unless developers buy them ALL out now????? Happy Holidays........

Hankus

Blackhawk
OH yes, its the "almost" the complete package , shipper missing but has the letter for the 'recall'........ You got nice guns and yes over the years all too many Rugers especially in stainless steel, the grips were "short", missed the edges???
see you're Fla gulf coast ,hope you missed the BAD weather recently, my folks lived on Marco island and the storm hit n Naples. and north, my friend Dick W. lost his condo there ,,,doing a complete rebuild?? unless developers buy them ALL out now????? Happy Holidays........
I lived down that way in Cape Coral for 8-1/2 years, but we're back home in northern Manatee County now. Ian didn't hit as hard here, but a lot of my friends down that way were hit hard.
'Those are my first Ruger double actions since I bought a Security-Six back in the 80s. I have started collecting interesting single-actions in the last 10 years or so and have around a dozen now.

Hankus

Blackhawk
I DID score a deal on these two double actions at the local gun show last weekend. I paid less than the value of the Super Redhawk for the two combined. Now my wife has a .357 nightstand gun and I have have a .454 Casull hand cannon.
So, I took my stepson to the local indoor range yesterday and we fired these two, among many others. It's been quite a while since I've fired a snubby .357 and I was surprised at the recoil. It's very accurate at 15 yards for having a 2-1/4" barrel. The Super RedHawk was a dream with .45LC; my first six round group was just over an inch at 25 yards firing single action. Firing 260 and 360 grain .454 Casull loads was "interesting', but just as accurate.

Latest posts