This old Vaquero

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Fanner50

Bearcat
is a lot like me, old, with a lot of wear, lol. But, smooth as silk. I have owned two Pythons and this original Vaquero is slicker than either one of them were. The action is like glass, with a very light trigger pull to match. The grips are way to thick and don't fit well, and I need to replace them. Other than that it is good to go. Lots of wear on the case hardening, but this little jewel shoots to point of aim and I am very happy with it. I got it at an old pawn/gun shop way out in the boondocks that only locals can find, lol. Ruger sure doesn't make them like this anymore, and it's one that I'm glad to have. I think in another life it was a cowboy action pistol that the owner did a lot of work on to make it as smooth and as slick as it is. It ain't pretty, but is sure can shoot. .45 Colt.
58A9F629-123A-4C3A-89D4-0AEDE64B2ACF_1_201_a.jpeg
77FBC914-FF7C-4081-A8B1-5F26680A50E7_1_201_a.jpeg

Rclark

Hunter
Nice, enjoy! It has character!

I know it isn't a popular position, but I am partial to the case coloring. My .45 Colt original Vaquero has it (like above).... but my New Vaquero is all blued. But I like the New Vaquero frame and the New Vaquero shoots better.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Nice catch! It has just enough wear!

The sides of the hammer will sand clean with about 600 grit wet or dry paper used with a flat sanding block. Than a quick light buff will restore the original texture. The former owner had sweaty hands. A set of better grips that fit your hand and voila, a new favorite gun.

Rclark

Hunter
Oh, I'd change 'em out in a heart beat for some fitted custom grips. They really don't 'fit' properly it looks like to me. Not sure what they are. Someone that is into bone grips might chime in.