This 'n' that..............

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Last couple of weeks have been hectic for me and have not been hereabouts.

Lost a long time friend and fellow church member recently, victim of Covid-19, the fourth from our church. He was slightly older than I, and one of the few who was a member there when Nita and I joined that church in 1991. Army veteran, deacon, and maintenance at East Side Baptist for many years.

Most recently Nita was hospitalized last Sunday until yesterday. She came to me early Sunday morning saying something was wrong with her right hand. I rushed her to the hospital. She had no permanent damage, but uncovered an irregular heart beat and high blood pressure. The hospital was full and no rooms were available until late Monday night. She was in an older room in the emergency ward which left much to be desired. The current situation of hospitals in Memphis is pretty bad ~ somebody has to either check out or die before any new patients can be admitted. The city has set up a vacant building, former home of Memphis Publishing Company for emergency rooms but so far hospitals hav not had to utilized that facility.

As for me, I 'batched" it for the short tiem Nita was away. I did do the laundry and keep the house in good order plus keeping up with the mail and other sundry things of running a household.

Also have ordered a new holster from Doc Barranti which will be ready about the last of this month. Decided on having a brown holster with basket weave stomping. And of the Brill pattern. This for my Blackhawk .45 which is my constant companion. I have one of his, the No. 1 Schuck, which is a verry good holster for everyday use. This new one expect it to be my "Sunday go to Meeting" holster. Y'all can count on pictures when it arrives, like it or not

Bob Wright

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Here is one I had made recently. It is not a true copy of the Brill design, but is well made. This from Bayou Custom Holsters. Would you believe he is in Louisiana?

Bob Wright

I hope Nita is better! You probably wern't able to visit her in the hospital because of Covid, were you?

I like your taste in holsters, that one looks nice. But what is a Brill design? Why isn't this one a true copy?

I'm looking forward to seeing the one from Doc Barranti.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Kevin said:
I like your taste in holsters, that one looks nice. But what is a Brill design? Why isn't this one a true copy?

These are Brill holsters from the day:

A.W. Brill was a holster/saddle maker in Austin, Texas. During the post--WW I period, Texas Rangers were ordered to carry their armament concealed, as opposed to the gunbelt rigs of the day. Brill designed a holster to be worn on the trousers belt.

The Brill design carried the gun higher with hammer and trigger exposed (for a Single Action) and with a foreward cant. The skirt followed the countour of the gun's pocket (or pouch) and was stitched to the pouch at the bottom. The holster was light and slender and was more or less the forerunner of the Tom Threepsersons rig.

Bob Wright

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes for my Nita. They are sincerely appreciated.

She is home now and stabilized and with medication will be as back to normal as she can get.

Again, Thank you!

Bob Wright

Armybrat

Blackhawk
Get her a little bell to ring for room service. They like that (I know from experience after my wife’s surgery).
We will be checking back to make sure you are taking good care your beloved Nita.

RSIno1

Hunter
Glad to hear she's on the mend. We had the same hospital crisis here a couple months ago. They took my wife to the ER. She spent 7 hours in the ambulance waiting to get in. They kept her in ER until the next day pronounced her healed and sent her home. 3 days later she went again only a 3 hour wait this time then 16 hours to get a room. They kept her 8 days. No visitors, took took her a book and some clothes and they just have you drop the stuff at the desk. When she got out the have curbside pickup. If you're not sick you don't get in. I did a load of clothes but have always found drive through and paper plates to be best when the wife is gone.

Latest posts