This Forum vs other Forums

Help Support Ruger Forum:

6GUNSONLY

Hunter
Alabama, in the bend of the Tennessee River
Mt first gun related forum and still my favorite. I check in at others but I live here (since 2004, IIRC).
I do hope we can attract some new members. Any organization depends on growth and new blood. Without it, we age out and die. I realize a lot of newcomers will be more interested in the newest, latest offerings of Ruger and other manufacturers while I'm more interested in the stuff that was made 40 years or more (mostly more) ago. That's ok. We still need newcomers. And maybe some will come to appreciate the "old stuff" as they are exposed to it. Y'all have a blessed day.
Ken

Ride1949

Single-Sixer
The best forum on the net , bar none. Friendly place with many fine folks. The only one I visit every day.

Last edited:

gjgalligan

Single-Sixer
Don't post here much but joined in 07.
As to the foul language, I worked in the auto plants for 42 yrs so I am kinda immune to it. I agree it isn't needed but there is still good information to be had in those other forums.-

Biggfoot44

Blackhawk
I've been a member here many years , albeit visiting periodically .

This is a fine Forum . In addition to the Ruger emphasis , also good coverage of all around gun- ish topics . Alas , with demographics , aficionados of Blue Steel and Walnut are far outnumbered by people who have only known Tupperware . So , yeah , we're a Niche group .

There are Forums with emphasis on technical or historical minutia , and there's certainly a place for that .

There are Forums that are more , freewheeling " , and there's a place for that too , but they have to be careful to not step over the line to buffoonery .

I will observe that if you wish to deep dive into the world of AR , that the Second Largest AR Forum is much calmer , more rational . and more useful than the largest .

turd

Blackhawk
I came here after being a member at Jeeps Unlimited (no longer a forum) for several years. While there was a lot of good information on fixing and building jeeps, there was also an attitude. "Dumb questions" got you called turd or worse. When I joined this forum, I expected the same, so pre-empted the name callers with my call name. After a while, I realized my mistake, but just decided not to change and rejoin. This is the best forum on the net IMHO.

KIR

Single-Sixer
Good and bad people everywhere. The forums I belong to, I chose because I owned or currently own at least one firearm of the associated brand. Own a few Rugers, so here I am.
There are threads for technical stuff which helps the mechanically inclined, which I am not, I let my two sons work on my guns. There are threads that keeps us up to date...latest news, laws, politics and more light hearted stuff. So, this is a great forum.

vito

Hunter
I started coming here when I bought my first Ruger years and years ago. But this forum, and especially here at The Lounge, is much more than just a gun related forum. It is like the proverbial coffee shop or barber shop where men gather (and some women) to talk about just about everything. I don't think there ever is a day that I don't check in here to see what's going on and what is new.

WanderLust

Bearcat
My reaction? it's the first place I come to whenever I need the absolute correct answer on anything Ruger. It's a bit of fun to watch several guys jump in to answer an "easy" question, then to back up as some one provides proof of another possible answer. The difference of this website over the others is the huge amount of members that later say, "I was wrong" and give credit to the correct guys. And THAT is how you know that we are dealing with mature people!

mrmag00

Bearcat
I’m glad I found this forum the folks are great and are happy to answer my questions.

pawncop

Blackhawk
This was my first forum as well. My experiences nave been quite pleasant. The most enjoyment was with Rugerfest back in day in Fredericksburg. Many of those members are no longer with us and the site where we met has changed ownership and no longer has the range.

I love my Rugers and will add to accumulation as the opportunity presents itself.

Latest posts