Thinking of going all Ruger again?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

2ndamd

Bearcat
I held an SR9 the other day as well as an LCP and the new Ruger AR. I think I might get all 3. I would probably opt for a 2nd SR9 and maybe a 2nd LCP too.

What are your experiences so far?
Any peening issues as of late? Or, did they get that metal forging issue corrected?
The LCP has so many threads! General concensus seems very positive right now with few issue here and there.

Any druthers with any of these weapons?
I am doing a search about the new piston driven AR type rifle after writing this request.

Any information would be very much appreciated. Even if it is a boring "I like 'em!" :)

revhigh

Hawkeye
Personally, I don't get buying more than one of the same gun, unless they're collectibles that will appreciate in value, which the Rugers you list are not and will not.

REV

meanc

Single-Sixer
LOL!!!

Rev, you really are in your own little world aren't you?

2ndamd, as for the AR, I think you'd be better off buying another brand or putting together one of your own.

With the prices of the major AR brands coming way down, the price tag on the Ruger isn't justified. Plus you can build to your liking and not worry about warranty/compatibility issues or even some of Rugers quality issue woes as of late.

Both the SR9 and LCP seem to have their quality kinks worked out, but I'd still give it a couple of months and wait to see what the current crop of "off the line" versions look like.

As far as a duplicate, I say go for it.

Why have just one very reliable/durable/working firearm you really like, when you can have two?

Turbobuddha

Single-Sixer
I run two SR9's. One is my EDC the other is my training gun. Carry has about 400 rnds and the training gun is up to 2000.

As soon as I get my pics all cleaned up, I'll be starting a thread dealing with the issues I have with the training gun as far peening goes. Mainly, the lugs on the barrel are getting banged up pretty good and a slight mark on the end of the barrel where it hits the slide a lot. I also feel the accuracy on this one is getting a bit off. Could also just be that crappy Federal Champion ammo. I also have some damage to the end of the feed ramp and when cleaning the striker, I got some damage to the end plate (the piece you take off to get the striker out). Part of stayed with the slide.

GaryA

Single-Sixer
I must admit I have a tendency to purchase multiples of a gun I particularly like. I wouldn't even begin to try to explain or understand why I have that tendency but must admit it has cost me extra money over the years, especially when I have changed my interests. While I'm not into "collectibles", I do tend to sometimes favor some things that are not extremely popular or commonly found, therefore when I find one, I tend to get it. Of course, being less common or desirable, this has complicated things at times when I begin to divest myself of them.

I think I've finally begun to "settle down" on my "permanent" inventory but...

Something...something must have been missing in my youth. :)

I've thought of getting counseling but I'm having too much fun and I really have few vices. Vice is something I try to avoid having multiples of.

revhigh

Hawkeye
meanc":23tpa2my said:
LOL!!!

Rev, you really are in your own little world aren't you?

Yup, that I am !!! :D

Why buy multiples of something that will never be in demand, and can easily be replaced at will, and probably at a cheaper price down the road, especially when the guns you're talking about have 'issues'. I must admit I DO have several multples ... Pythons, Gold Cups, and other hard to find Colts.

As far as the comment below ...

" Why have just one very reliable/durable/working firearm you really like, when you can have two? "

I thought we were talking about the LCP and SR9 ?????

And the next comment ....

" With the prices of the major AR brands coming way down, the price tag on the Ruger isn't justified. "

Hey !!! We agree on at least ONE thing !! :D

REV

toysoldier

Hunter
I can't understand the badmouthing of the LCP. I was at the range Saturday morning, trying out a new choke and a new rifled slug barrel for my BPS. After that, I emptied a few mags through my P90. Then I took out my LCP. Figuring it would simulate a real shooting situation, I aimed for the top part of a target, no aimpoint, and emptied the thing. At 20', I got a 6" group with 3 shots touching. I'm a lousy shot, and my right eye is giving me fits now with floaters, so I think that's very good.

As for duplicates, I'm wishing now I had purchased a second P90 that went at auction for $285. :(

2ndamd

Bearcat
Thanks for all the replies. Keep your personal experiences coming.

I may just get the mini-14 instead of the AR type?

Revhigh: Why would you want more than one? B/C I have two hands :)

revhigh

Hawkeye
2ndamd":3i159w9i said:
Revhigh: Why would you want more than one? B/C I have two hands :)

OK, 2A, I see your point LOL, but MY hands can hold DIFFERENT things at the same time !! :D

PS . The mini's are a lot of fun for 5 or 6 hundred bucks. Good choice. Hey ... wait a minute .... why not buy TWO !!!! One for each hand for less than the cost of the SR556 or whatever it's called.

REV

2ndamd

Bearcat
I may just have to get one of those Glock 20's in 10mm :)
Now that would be a fun gun to own, I would think?
How do you like your G20 Rev?
Did you buy a different caliber barrel to drop in like a .40 or .357 Sig?

I am kind of leaning towards the Mini-14 with there new triggers they are easier to shoot than the older models. But, it would not be a long range gun for me. More up close and personal use.

revhigh

Hawkeye
I love my G20, the 10MM is kind of like a hot 357 magnum auto. It's really a hot cartridge. Lots of fun to shoot, and easy to reload. Regarding the other calibers, I've done the .40 ... no thanks. Bought and sold 3 .40's, so I'm done with that caliber. Not really interested in bottleneck pistol cartridges either. They're too difficult to reload. I'll tell you one thing, the 10MM seems to be a VERY accurate caliber, too, unless I just got an exceptionally accurate G20.

Everybody loves to shoot my 10MM. At least I can use my .40 dies for something, since they're the same as 10MM. :D

REV

2ndamd

Bearcat
All right you sold me on it. I'll go get a 10mm this week.
Can't wait to shoot some double tap ammo out of it :)

Latest posts