Things not made anymore that you miss

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mike J

Hunter
I'd like to have a Coca-Cola made with real cane sugar (the kind they made before the early 80's when they messed everything up) in one of those little 8 ounce glass bottles you got out of the machine.

UbertiBob

Bearcat
What do I miss? A government with people not in straight jackets due to mental illness. Oh, and my Bisley Vaquero .357............

mistermills357

Blackhawk
Sorry. Speedway is the new name for Hess stations. I thought they were everywhere.
They are part of Marathon Oil I think. And I think that Speedway joined up with Ashland Oil, before they were swallowed up by Marathon.

And Marathon is still not nationwide, I don’t think. But it’s pretty commmon in the East.🤓😎🤨

Last edited:

mistermills357

Blackhawk
Never heard of Hess stations either but I have only visited about 30 of the States.
They were another East Coast brand. I have seen the Hess brand here in the St. Petersburg area, but it’s been a while. Another victim of Marathon.

But, I am being redundant.

mistermills357

Blackhawk
do they still make cube sugar, ya know 1 or 2 lumps?

Yes, they still make them, but 3 pounds of them, are priced at $22 on Amazon. That’s pretty expensive.
1666904772984.jpeg

Ride1949

Buckeye
Remember SInclair gas stations with the dino ad?

We still have Sinclair up here and Dino the dinosaur has his place of honor right out front. No adds on TV anymore though.Dad & I had a Sinclair station in Golden Colorado for a while.

Latest posts