Things not made anymore that you miss

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ride1949

Blackhawk
They were only produced for two years. ('47 & '48). 51 cars made. 47 still in existence. Original (projected ) price $2450.00. Current value $500,000.00 and up. Tucker #1045 sold at a Barrets auction for $2,950,000.00. Not many made but they sure have appreciated in value. 😜

Ride1949

Blackhawk
They made a pretty good movie about him. You should see it. It might give you some insight on what Tucker was trying to do. I doubt that it will meet your high standards though.

Last edited:

eveled

Hunter
The movie was good. Definitely biased, It makes him out to be a hero and a victim. I think the truth is he was his own worst enemy.

.Pretty good display of Tuckers at the car museum in Hershey Pennsylvania. Definitely ahead of his time. Lots of innovation and firsts on that car.

Mine were like Bobs in the fender infront of the wheel pointed to the side. They came on with the blinker, but did not blink. I’m sure some cars still have them. I’m surprised they aren’t on everything. They were really nice.

eveled

Hunter
656294BD-E56A-45D8-8D74-24DEB9497995.jpg

I can see were you could miss them in your travels. Its a big country. Not all of them have hot sandwiches either.

Hess is a big oil company that sold their gas stations to Speedway.

Hess is known for their toy trucks

caryc

Hawkeye
They made a pretty good movie about him. You should see it. It might give you some insight on what Tucker was trying to do. I doubt that it will meet your high standards though.
I did see it.

gunzo

Buckeye
Some have missed a few current offerings. They can be hidden, but still out there,
- A few conventional style street type motorcycles are still available. Or have re-appeared.

- Buck is making a large number of their knives back in the states & working on more.

- Steel scope bases are very plentiful in many configurations. An amazing amount actually.

- last time I looked, it was a long search, but Mich. lite in bottles was found.

- Super Vel ammo is back. Cameron Hopkins, a past editor of American Handgunner owns it.

Sadly, no more real work trucks. Vinyl seats & rubber floor coverings, manual windows, &can be worked on without a computer & a college degree.

eveled

Hunter
If my Dad were alive he would add thin ribbon candy at Christmas.

It’s labeled thin, but he always complained it wasn’t as thin as it used to be. Apparently it would melt on your tounge. Somebody told him it was for safety reasons apparently it was so thin it could cut you?

He also liked raspberry Fluff. Its also no longer made.

Jeepnik

Hawkeye
If my Dad were alive he would add thin ribbon candy at Christmas.

It’s labeled thin, but he always complained it wasn’t as thin as it used to be. Apparently it would melt on your tounge. Somebody told him it was for safety reasons apparently it was so thin it could cut you?

He also liked raspberry Fluff. Its also no longer made.

I just saw raspberry Fluff at a craft show today. Didn’t check the date on it. But they had all sorts of old time candies for sale.