Things not made anymore that you miss

Help Support Ruger Forum:

eveled

Hunter
30 years ago I had a pair of leather work gloves. Similar to WellsLamont, no idea who actually made them.

They had the cinch strap with the red plastic ball. What made them special was they were lined with material similar to cotton long johns (with the little squares). I’d love another pair, but no luck.

They were just right in every way. Sigh.

What is the thing you cant find anymore?

Last edited:

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Remember the outside description, never had any, too poor 30 years ago for anything but the cheap split-leather work gloves

1664541846380.png

This outfit also made a sugar coated honey-bun that I would love to have another. Unfortunately they went out of business in the 1970's

Snake45

Hawkeye
Nor are they twenty five cents a bottle!

Bob Wright
When I started building models, the "little bottles" of Testor and Pactra paints were 10 cents. I watched the price rise to 11c, to 12c, to 13c, to 15c (they skipped 14c for some reason), and they've been going up ever since. Pactra paint hasn't been made in decades, and I think the last little bottles of Testor I bought were $2. Funny thing about those prices, every time oil prices raised, Testor jacked up the price, but when the oil price came back down, the paint prices did NOT. :mad:

txramfan

Single-Sixer
Oh wow ….. I worked for a Curtis Mathes dealer in the late 70s early 80s.
Been to the plant, etc. in Athens TX for meetings, training, etc.
The company ( manufacturers representative) I worked for sold Curtis Mathis during its last year or so of existence and we visited the plant.

Latest posts