The stainless .44 Specials are out!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

robertkirksey

Blackhawk
Just picked up my .44 special flattop stainless Blackhawk and it is sweet. For those who may not have heard, TALO is getting a thousand piece lot of the 4 5/8" versions in stainless. This is suppose to be a GENUINE limited edition run.

Also, for those who keep up with such things for future historical and research purposes, the serial # is 520-20326. I am a little surprised they are continuing the 520 prefix for so many different configurations. Robert

Axehandle

Buckeye
Two arrived here two weeks ago... One got away but I captured the other... Contacted Bill Peterson and ordered some elk stags for it... Minimum bark, flat bottoms, and black eagles.... I'll bail it out in a few weeks...

robertkirksey

Blackhawk
In reply to some of the comments, I would like to say that I am not in a position to post pictures right now but it is identical in all regards to the blue model except for being in SS.

As far as other barrel legnths, I guess I lucked out in that my dealer last year had two Lipsey's, a 4 5/8 and a 5 1/2. During the drive there, I decided to buy the one that had the better fit and finish and the 5 1/2 clearly won out. So I am glad this one was offered in 4 5/8".

As far as a Bisley grip, I have some and absolutely love them but feel they are better suited for hot loaded .45s and .44 magnums. My other .44 Special is shot with pleasant "medium stregnth" loads that would be fine for most game and that is what I consider the Special best adapted to.

Robert

gak

Buckeye
I would still view the "limited edition" aspect with a grain of salt. Like with the previous blued version, why would Ruger hinder its future flexibility by declaring/promising "limited" in this case? I'd buy and enjoy it for its own sake and--once again--not buy because of or expecting future rarity status. OTOH, if you want one (again for its own sake) I wouldn't dally just in case :)

robertkirksey

Blackhawk
Actually, G2 I do know what exclusive and limited means. And I can also spell.

According to the TALO rep that I communicated with, Ruger is manufacturing only 1000 SS flattops in.44 Special (which would make it LIMITED in number) to be sold by TALO wholesalers only (which would make it EXCLUSIVE to them). So I guess it is both exclusive and limited.

All this, of course is true unless Ruger decides to make more once this run is completed. Which is possible since Ruger is in the business of manufacturing firearms and would not likely enter into any contract that would limit their ability to do so.

The information I was trying to convey was that the public could only count on 1ooo being available for consumption, since that was the agreement. I just looked and didn't see them listed in their lineup.

Also, I agree no one should buy one based upon the assumption of future scarcity and increased future value. I just wanted a stainless one and just got back from shooting a lot of future collector value out of it if they do only make the thousand! Robert

G2

Hunter
Dear Mr. robertkirksey

Apparently my post has caused some feelings, I'm Sorry. I have removed it. Never my intention to come across as perceived. Again, I am Sorry.