The Rugers came out of the safe today.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

horseshoe

Single-Sixer
We had a gunshow in my hometown today and I set up at a table with my friend today. I took a model seven in 260 rem, a model 54 Winchester and a couple of 10-22's to sell and I was mainly looking for a 1894 Marlin in 44 mag to buy. Right off the bat a guy came by with a beautiful 1894 marlin 1974 vintage pre safety and I bought it and payed too much. A little while later a man walks up carrying a Ruger #3 and I asked what caliber it was and he replied 44 mag, my heart almost stopped as I have been looking for one for a while. It was absolutely pristine and he replied he had never shot it. He wanted 800 dollars and frankly I was tapped out so I had to let it walk. I did ask him if I could write the serial number down so I could put it on the forum and he said it would be okay. The serial # was 132-43169.

In the evening my buddy ask if I had seen the table with all the flat bolt Ruger 77's on it and I ask him where it was and he pointed it out so I walked over and had a very enjoyable chat with the owner who was very informed on the flatbolts. The best I can remember he had a 22-250,30-06,308,7mm, and a 220 swift varmit new in the box with a early date on it which was priced higher than the rest. I can't remember if it was a flatbolt. Some of the guns were RS's and some were not. I told him it did my heart good to see those flatbolts and he laughed.

Right at closing time here comes the guy who had the #3 44 mag but he is carrying a ruger carbine scoped out and wants 500 dollars for it. It too is in pristine condition and he says it is a 65 vintage gun. I had to let it walk also. He did mention that the Ruger # 3 did not sell. I should have got his number but failed to do so but at least I got to hold the #3. The Ruger Gods were smiling today.

welldoya

Single-Sixer
Sounds like it was a great show for you.
I rarely see anything anymore that gets my blood pressure up. Usually just a bunch of over-priced tacticool stuff.
I'm always on the lookout for vintage Smiths and Rugers and I rarely see them.

Hello,

Gun shows can be a wonderful thing.

I sometimes I go just to look and see what is out there.

Sometimes, I have a day like yours where I have to show restraint.

Those are the most difficult days.

Look and look for a very specific gun to add to your collection and just when you come across it, for many reasons, you can not make a move.

Bill

horseshoe

Single-Sixer
I was overjoyed when I found the Marlin 44 mag but I would have owned the #3 if the Marlin had no showed up first. I own a #3 in 30-40 krag and the 44 #3 would have made a nice stable mate. Oh well maybe next time.