Looking for a Super GP100 9mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mikeAZ

Single-Sixer
Ruger made a production run of them (Custom Shop), seemed to be well accepted, then nothing?. Emailed Ruger, no info?? was a bla, bla ... So you would think they would make another run in 2022?...mike

hittman

Staff member
Received well? Maybe not with an MSRP of $1809.00! :oops:

Anyway, they're still on Ruger's web site. Maybe ask your local dealer to order one and see what they say.

budroe

Bearcat
Dave Clements (Clements Custom Guns) does excellent work on Rugers. He completely overhauled my Bisley Black Hawk .45 Colt. Did a beautiful job for me. I strongly recommend you check him out at Clementcustomguns.com

contender

Ruger Guru
"Dave Clements (Clements Custom Guns) does excellent work on Rugers. He completely overhauled my Bisley Black Hawk .45 Colt. Did a beautiful job for me. I strongly recommend you check him out at Clementcustomguns.com"

Dave is in the downsizing, headed for retirement phase. He's not taking on any more work.

The Super GP-100 is a Custom Shop item. It'd have to be ordered.

mikeAZ

Single-Sixer
Well, the street price was about $1200.00 or so..... The S&W 929's go for about that (when you can find one).... I don't see any used ones out there either so "street" pricing is difficult.

...Our friend Mike R from here in the Medina ,OH area moved out to AZ years ago. uses the name 'acrylictank' has a gun shop out there, goes to all the AZ gun shows, check with him, he gets that kind of stuff, tell him Dan said hello its been a while.....;)

hittman

Staff member
Once you've reached 20 "messages" or become a contributing member you can put a WTB in Classifieds.

thats is his vocation, builds BIG FISH TANKS !!!! Nice guy too,,,we miss him around here..........:cool:;)

I think you could try Arizona Arms Sales, I think its on W. Eliot in Gilbert, AZ........

Last edited:

JStacy

Blackhawk
Well, the street price was about $1200.00 or so..... The S&W 929's go for about that (when you can find one).... I don't see any used ones out there either so "street" pricing is difficult.
Mike , Youngs guns and gold in Kerrville Texas 78028 , has a used 929 last time I was in there. You might look them up and give them a call

mikeAZ

Single-Sixer
Looks like a few were made. Searching "U TUBE" and the "net" all there is avalibile is older info that goes back to 2020 or earlier.... I can see if revisions were necessary it may take a little time to modify the problem. Most reports were positive. Ruger Customer service knew less than I do... Standard blah, blah. I guess I'm old and impatient?. My local FFL says he may have sold one BUT they usually go to volume FFL's... Of course, I'm looking for one (9mm)... I finally emailed the CEO about the no show on these revolvers.. Probably another waste of time??. I sold my S&W 929 recently, (ever had a gun you just did not like??..). Doesn't seem to even be any used ones for sale either?? What's up??. Anyone got some "insider" info?

JStacy

Blackhawk
Personally, I would go for the 357 Super because the 357 is generally more accurate out of a revolver and there are tons of options using a 357. I have owned a SP101 9MM and the accuracy was abysmal! The same gun in 357 was much more accurate. I have a 686 S&W 357 like your 9MM and it is a fine gun but I like the Rugers better.

mikeAZ

Single-Sixer
Most of my shooting,reloading, guns are 9mm's. I'm better off staying with 9mm. I'd go 357/38 Special but can't seem to find a used Super GP in either caliber. I shoot steel plates and cardboard in competition.

JStacy

Blackhawk
Mike makes sense to me. I have a couple of SA 9's that I like and would like a 9 revolver but SP101 experience has made me cautious about the 9 in a wheel gun. The local gun shop has a S&W 9, 696? I am not sure of the number, but it is a comp 9 gun. Used they want 1400 for it. If it was a little cheaper, I might give the 9 wheel gun another try.

mikeAZ

Single-Sixer
Quiet out there.... Nothing even from the CEO of Ruger... Probably time to give up chasing a "ghost"?. For something that's not even available, retail price is more than S&W. Go figure?.