The Ruger Super GP100 x 9mm or 357

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mikeAZ

Bearcat
Looks like a few were made. Searching "U TUBE" and the "net" all there is avalibile is older info that goes back to 2020 or earlier.... I can see if revisions were necessary it may take a little time to modify the problem. Most reports were positive. Ruger Customer service knew less than I do... Standard blah, blah. I guess I'm old and impatient?. My local FFL says he may have sold one BUT they usually go to volume FFL's... Of course, I'm looking for one (9mm)... I finally emailed the CEO about the no show on these revolvers.. Probably another waste of time??. I sold my S&W 929 recently, (ever had a gun you just did not like??..). Doesn't seem to even be any used ones for sale either?? What's up??. Anyone got some "insider" info?

JStacy

Single-Sixer
Personally, I would go for the 357 Super because the 357 is generally more accurate out of a revolver and there are tons of options using a 357. I have owned a SP101 9MM and the accuracy was abysmal! The same gun in 357 was much more accurate. I have a 686 S&W 357 like your 9MM and it is a fine gun but I like the Rugers better.

mikeAZ

Bearcat
Most of my shooting,reloading, guns are 9mm's. I'm better off staying with 9mm. I'd go 357/38 Special but can't seem to find a used Super GP in either caliber. I shoot steel plates and cardboard in competition.

JStacy

Single-Sixer
Mike makes sense to me. I have a couple of SA 9's that I like and would like a 9 revolver but SP101 experience has made me cautious about the 9 in a wheel gun. The local gun shop has a S&W 9, 696? I am not sure of the number, but it is a comp 9 gun. Used they want 1400 for it. If it was a little cheaper, I might give the 9 wheel gun another try.

mikeAZ

Bearcat
Quiet out there.... Nothing even from the CEO of Ruger... Probably time to give up chasing a "ghost"?. For something that's not even available, retail price is more than S&W. Go figure?.

hittman

Staff member
The gun you want is a bit of a unicorn in normal times.
These aren’t normal times.

Your timing couldn’t be worse.

:(

JStacy

Single-Sixer
Mike, there is a fellow on here , Contender, nice fellow that is well connected to Rugers and shooting sports. Give him a shout and see if he can help you find a 9 revolver?