The right price for an unfired .41 mag Blackhawk?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ian03

Single-Sixer
I've been away from the hobby for awhile and want to get back into it. I have always been a Ruger guy and want to start back up with a nice single action. I'm not loyal to a caliber or anything but one popped up and the price seems right.

.41 Mag, Blackhawk, unfired in original box, $350 out the door. It's a 4 5/8 barrel, my favorite, and it's in perfect shape. This seem to be a decent deal or should I continue looking?

Ammunition cost is somewhat of a factor, but from what I've seen .41 Magnum, .44 Special, .44 Magnum, .45 Colt, etc all seem to hover in the same price range for ammo so if I'm looking for a nice big bore single action, caliber would pretty much be a non-issue.

Lastly, it looks like while I've been away Ruger has changed their website, is there a new place to check out serial numbers to get year of manufacture?

Thanks guys,

Ian

ian03

Single-Sixer
OK, great thank you. Looks like this one dates to 2002.

I had been toying with the idea of reloading a year or so ago around the election when everything started to dry up. Maybe I will reconsider the idea.

Thanks for the reply.

Ian

gregs45auto

Single-Sixer
Grab it and run!! The 41 mag is my favorite. I enjoy shooting it more than the 44 mag. greg :)

BIgMuddy

Blackhawk
27 years ago I bought a new Blackhawk 41 Mag. It was the one that got me started re-loading :D

Still have that gun too BTW. I can't imagine you not liking the 41. If I saw one new for that price I would own another one.

SBH4628

Blackhawk
You better buy it :D That is a great price :shock: You may never get another chance if you pass it up :roll:

Chuckbuster

Single-Sixer
BUY IT!
Reload
Done Deal

Try around 6.0 Grains of Trail Boss and a 215 SWC Cast for a FUN Load.

I Like A healthy dose of H110 and a custom 245 Gr SWC for Serious Work.