The reason I have so much junk.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Tenbore

Blackhawk
The other day I noticed that I was missing a lot of caps from the valve stems on different tires. Lawn tractor, wheelbarrows, rototiller etc. So, I purchased a package to replace the missing ones. Yesterday, while searching for something else in the garage, I pulled out a drawer and lo and behold! there was about thirty of them staring back at me. This happens to me all to often. That's why I have so much stuff laying around.

I have been going through my shop. We moved in last year, and when moving stuff from my previous 28x80 garage, I just stacked it in my new one. Well, times change. I have been opening boxes and seeing stuff I hadn't seen in 20 or more years. I have been posting tools and other things on a local "for sale" forum. Low prices and good name-brand tools. Some are still new in package. They have been selling but most are taking some time. Normally, tools listed for $5 each would sell within minutes or hours. Tough economy out there. Money is as tight as it was with Carter in 79-80. Also as you may have seen on here- I'm thinning out my stuff inside the house too.

I have a lifetime full of tools. Most I will never again use, and tools are difficult to sell. The newer generations have little need for them.

I had a neighbor recently Journey out as a lineman. He is very talented, and I've given him a lot of tools. Figured I could borrow them back if I ever needed them. He just moved away. :LOL:

gunzo

Hunter
Would somebody tell me where I put that nice hose clamp assortment?

I laid on the work bench for a year or 3 & thought I should put it where it belonged. Now I just don't know what my idea of belonging was that day & haven't seen it since.

MHtractorguy

Blackhawk
Tool box in my truck, BIG tool box in the garage, since I retired from paying Snap-on $100 a week for 35 years, tools on two tractors, tools in two storage barns, tools in my 10 year old son's cabin/laboratory, tools in Wifey's 12x16 she shed, tools in two pole barns...I honestly spend more time carrying tools back and forth putting them where they belong before I find that one tool I was looking for, I often need a nap before I can actually do the job I started in the morning.

MHtractorguy

Blackhawk
Would somebody tell me where I put that nice hose clamp assortment?

I laid on the work bench for a year or 3 & thought I should put it where it belonged. Now I just don't know what my idea of belonging was that day & haven't seen it since.
I hung my spare key ring on a nail, where I wouldn't lose them...3 years ago...

You know I should find some young guy starting out and gift him some of my tools. I'm never going to need a 48" or 36" pipe wrench (cast iron at that) again. Not to mention the size of combination wrenches you use to open the door on a firetube boiler. Now will I need by sightglass cutter. I could go on and on.

But I have this fear that someday, if all heck breaks out, I might need to go back to work.

RugerForMe

Single-Sixer
I ALWAYS find the tool I was looking for right AFTER I purchase a new one to replace it.
Yep did that last weekend, needed a chip brush went to get one and I could not find the brand new box I had bought then thinking maybe I "thought" I just bought. So off to Hobo fright bought another box of brushes opened the cabinet door and hmmm there was the box I could not fine an hour earlier.

Stupid garage gremlin working on my last nerve. 👹

I HAD (past tense intentional) a good selection of tools before my shop burned. I'm constantly discovering I no longer have that specific tool needed for some job. Very stressful remembering all those tools only used 1-2 times per year but nearly invaluable those times.

Latest posts