The REAL Super Redhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Axehandle

Buckeye
500 Linebaugh Super Redhawk by Hamilton Bowen... Dark outside so kitchen pictures will have to do for now...
005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

001.jpg

psyclone66

Single-Sixer
Nice hand cannon :D . Is RUGER on both sides of the frame one of those unique rollstamp variations that never cease to bewilder?

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
psyclone66":2brrncva said:
Nice hand cannon :D . Is RUGER on both sides of the frame one of those unique rollstamp variations that never cease to bewilder?

It is one of several types of markings seen on the SRHs

See: http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=55276

If you know of anything I missed, I welcome the update as the Super Redhawks seem to have lots of variations... too many for me to try to collect :wink:

dougader

Hunter
Very Nice, Axehandle! What is that, a 6" barrel?

It looks to me like the 500L is a perfect fit in that 5 shot cylinder.

Zeus

Blackhawk
the 500 should be pretty tame in that heavy revolver unless you really push it Stan. I'll be curious to see what you think side by side with the bisley. I shot them together one time and definitely prefer the bisley :) But, that's a great way to be able to scope a BIG bore sixgun :) Nice looking sixgun....

Axehandle

Buckeye
The extra weight should dampen recoil but I have 454 and 480 SRHs. The Bisley fits my hand better than the SRH too. This one was just priced to low to pass up and it completed my 44-454-480-500 SRH "set." I did buy the Hogue with the sorbothane insert for this one... One of the pervs over on Single Actions has one in 475L with an Ultra Dot on it.... He says he has been shooting it for years with no problems... The SRH rings will make for an easy on and off too...

Axehandle

Buckeye
Got a 410 WFNPB seated over 10 grains of Trail Boss for an indoor range excursion early next week.... The velocity limitation is to keep from tearing up the range. :D Got a few 440 LFNGCs over a full case of H110 for some outside shooting.... Any of you boys close to Huntsville and off work next week pop me a PM and let's make a plan to meet at Larry's and shoot it!

Zeus

Blackhawk
Hey Axe, I'll be in Hillsboro on Monday morning for a meeting. If you leave that thing out, I'll slide over to Huntsville and work on it for you since I didn't have a chance to "customize" it yet :) :)

Zeus

Blackhawk
unless it has my initials GAS on it, nope, I haven't messed with it yet. I sign all of my work :)