The Rabbit

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
I got home only to see my dog is up to no good. He's laying on the back patio covered in dirt with a rabbit in his mouth
😳
. The Rabbit's not bloody, just dirty. Now, my neighbor's kids raise these Blue Ribbon WINNER Rabbits
🤔
. I instantly knew it was one of their rabbits
🤦‍♀️
. So I took the rabbit away from my dog, I rushed inside, washed all the dirt off it before my neighbors could come home. It was stiff but I heard some ANIMALS play dead when they are AFRAID, I couldn't remember which animals because I was NERVOUS
😨
. I took it and placed it back in one of the cages that sits on my neighbors back deck, then I ran back home. NOT 30 minutes later I hear my neighbors screaming
😳
. so I go out and ask them what's wrong?
🤫

They tell me their rabbit died three days ago and they buried it but now it's back in the cage.
😖

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
This summer, rather than rent a cabin in town, I am staying in a friends guest cabin. They... (and I) are raising chickens. They get free ranged most of the time. Their dogs don't bother the chickens at all.. but my little girl Kaksi, is rather wild. She catches her own food at the cabin from time to time... And it's a good thing her run is far removed from the coop... otherwise.... I'd be buying chicken twice!!

That's funny! I can just see the expression on the neighbor's face.
Reuben's chicken story reminded me of my wife's "chicken" story. She was visiting her cousin in Brush Prairie Washington. All were away but her. She went outside and there were chickens everywhere. She started "herding" them to the coop. Now, herding chickens is a lot like herding cats ... REALLY difficult. After an untold amount of time she managed to get them all in the coop enclosure. Her cousin got back and Linda told her about her difficult but completed chore. Her cousin laughed and told her that all the free roaming chickens were the neighbor's. I am only sorry that I wasn't there to see her expression.

eveled

Hunter
In CubScouts a thousand years ago I had a den mother that was full of surprises. An old widow with no kids who had spent 50 plus years in Cub Scouts.

She would dance and play the harmonica and sing old songs. Sometimes with funny changed lyrics. Like how my bonney lies over the ocean because she leaned over the gas tank with a cigarette and got blown over the ocean.

Her husband was a veteran and had a purple heart she said he got it by falling on his ass! It turns out he was in a pack train on a narrow path on a cliff. When the path gave way the animal he was leading pulled him down with it. He literally landed on an ass! Lol.

Anyway she had a story about a lost pet rabbit one weekend. It got out and they couldn’t find it.

At school on monday the teacher asked about everyone’s weekend. One kid mentioned how they found a rabbit on their front lawn and had it for Sunday supper!

Latest posts