The Other Lipsey's Special Run Revolver GP -100 4"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MagnumM56

Bearcat
I am waiting patiently for the pair .44 Spcl Blackhawks and was intrigued to find that Lipsey's offers a special run GP-100 claimed to have a "triple lock" feature-am waiting for this one too-does anyone have one of these satin finish Lipsey's GP-100's. Was going to replace the old GP 4" (traded for the services of an atty friend)with a new or used one but am waiting for one of these-did anyone on this forum purchase one of these and if so what is the accuracy and handling like-only thing I will miss about the old one I had was the rubber grip w/ the wood inserts.

A

Anonymous

They all have a "triple lock". The only difference with the Lipsey's is that it comes with a bead blasted finish.

MagnumM56

Bearcat
Learned something new today-thanks so does anyone have one of these and if so how do they like it for accuracy comfort(if shooting a magnum is comfortable). I ran some pretty hot loads out of the last one I had and it just kept on tickin' . :D

GP100man

Buckeye
i don`t own a Lipsey`s but have settled on a 4"ss full lug, 6" full lug ss & a 3" blue with compact grips .
this been said i`ve owned & shot enuff GPs to know that you & i will never shoot one enuff to (wear) it out!!

& WELCOME to RUGER FORUM.com!!! MagnumM56

GP100man

MagnumM56

Bearcat
Shot the hell out of my old 4" with some very stout loads of my own manufacture-it was virtually indestructable-been looking around for a replacement but no luck-$500+ dollars is a hell of a lot of $ to me-so I will save the nickels and dimes and wait for the Lipsey's special run

Cordite

Single-Sixer
I have a gray Lipsey's GP-100 with 4" barrel. Shoots, balances, etc just like the regular finish GP-100s, which is to say just fine.

Mine came with the Hogue grip, which was okay but it did not have the style of the older grip with the wood panels. Brownells to the rescue... They have the old style grip + panels (new, not used) for less money than Ruger wants.

gregs45auto

Single-Sixer
I also have a new gp100 tgt grey. It compliments the sp101 tgt grey I found. Haven't shot either one!! I just shoot my other ss gp100 and let the tgt greys be safe queens. best, greg :)