The No.1-A 7x57 is ready to be blooded.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

twerpymoon

Single-Sixer
I had mentioned in a previous post that I was working up a load for my 1-A 7x57 to whack a pronghorn. I tried several combinations and found a couple of promising loads but was getting vertical stringing. I have read about the magical inner-tube group tightener and thought why not give it a try. I am here to tell you brothers that I have seen the light and am ready to beat the drum.

Hornady 139 gr. Spire Point over IMR 4350 in a Federal case and lit by a Magtech 9 1/2 Large Rifle primer. This was final zero and I only had four rounds left. Of course the pressure was on and I pulled number three.

053.jpg

And here is the rifle.

041.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

048.jpg

046.jpg

045.jpg

049.jpg

044.jpg

Big Old Boy

Hunter
That is a small piece of rubber under the front of the forend, I have never tried it but many swear that it helps.

ThomTender

Single-Sixer
Oh Thanks, I've got Hicks Accurizors on all mine except the RSI's. They work pretty good. The piece of rubber is sure a lot cheaper. ThomTender

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Is that circassian stocked, has the Boddington style checkering on the forearm, figure beautiful on that rifle. Very nice, but what's the story about the bunny left side of the receiver?

twerpymoon

Single-Sixer
Well, one evening Hef and I were lounging around in the grotto tossing back shots of Two Fingers Tequila served up on Barbi Benton's belly.........

Actually, my wife worked at a hair salon that had tanning beds and those bunny's were used by the patrons. They would place them wherever they wished on their body and the skin would stay white in the shape of the bunny since the rays were blocked. Sort of a reverse tattoo if you will. At any rate, I pinched a few and use them for conversation pieces.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
That is funny, maybe we should get the wives to lay out in the back yard with a 30-06 cartridge to get a same process reverse tattoo! :D

Latest posts