The new SR9c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kd4rgwml

Single-Sixer
revhigh:
Hey .... what do those initials mean ??????

rev, I don't think those initials were meant to be very nice.

all anybody wanted was a real world response on a new gun. A picture would have cured up a lot of questions. Maybe the next owner of a SR9c will be easier to deal with.
:x

revhigh

Hawkeye
Right, Mike !! Let's move on now .... nothing more to see here !!! LOL.

REV

revhigh

Hawkeye
Usually that's the case here Mike J. Sometimes things get a little heated, and things are said/typed that maybe a cooler mind wouldn't have done. It happens to many occasionally and usually apologies are made, truces are called, and all is well. Been there .... done that once or twice .... never been proud of it afterwards .... try to live and learn is all, but direct insulting attacks are a no-no. :D

REV

Mike J

Hunter
I understand Rev. That is one of the reasons I like this forum. I am a member at others but most of my online time is split between here & TheHighRoad.

kscott

Single-Sixer
Thanks guys. Glad to hear it from your prospective. Just wanted to make sure I hadn't come come across wrong and was overlooking it. I had to google the acronym too. :shock: anyway... Im still excited to get my SR9c this week and I will get pics and thoughts up when I get it.

Rock

Bearcat
I received a field report Sunday from my buddy Steve regarding his new Ruger C9c.

He started with some reloads that he loads with 115gr bullets and Ram Shot "True Blue" that has been quite successful in other .9mm he owns. He was shooting at 50' for all tests, with a point of aim at 5:00 bottom of the black; most groups were going into 11:00 with both factory and reloads.

He had no failures to feed or fire and all extractions were flawless with all loads. On this first test he was more concerned with function and basic ability to group then making sight adjustments at this point. Evidently this pistol has a Hi-Vis front sight available; and he has ordered one as he like many of us has aging eyes that can use the help. Once all the sight changes have been completed he will dial in the pistol for both load and basic sight alignment.

He mentioned that he was using Hornady Critical Defense for the factory loads, as mentioned; both reloads and factory had almost identical grouping. This test amounted to 120 rounds being shot, there were three separate shooters firing during this test and all shooters were able to keep 3" groups consistently at the 50' mark, all shooters are very experienced with handguns and shoot regularly. All shooters shot a clip using double taps and were able to easily control the firearm and maintain good accuracy.

Realizing that this is just one example of the model being tested; as more individuals purchase and begin shooting the C9c will give us a better perspective of all over reliability and quality, that being said this first field report is encouraging and bodes well for this firearm.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Good point KS ... I didn't even think to google it. I found what it means, about what I expected.

So how about those SR9C's !!!!! :D

REV

kscott

Single-Sixer
And this train is officially back on track. 8) thanks for the range report Rock. I'm hoping to get and shoot mine hopefully this coming weekend.

Rock

Bearcat
Kscott,
I am looking forward to your range report, as I am sure are many others following this post.

I am hoping that you have similar results as my buddy did in his initial test of this pistol. If both of you experience solid defense accuracy and reliability performance than I think that an overall performance curve will have begun to be developed.

In this day and age for any firearms company to market a desirable defense pistol at the price line that Ruger has set on this product is admirable to say the least. With the entire well thought out features available on this pistol right from the box I believe they just may have slammed one right out of the park.

I need another pistol like I need another hole in my head, but a guy just cannot help but get a little excited when you consider all the features and price line on this new Ruger.

Hope this post stays on track as this is an interesting product.

jdmb03

Bearcat
My local dealer has a stainless and black model. He wants $425 for either one. They seem like a nice guns. Very slim for a double stack and it points very natural for me. I might just buy one.

Rock

Bearcat
While doing some further research on the SR9c my friend and I discovered that under the accessories section of the Ruger site they show HiVis sights and holsters applicable to both the SR9 & SR9c. My friend contacted Ruger by e-mail and they confirmed that the HiVis sights do fit both models. We did not ask the question regarding whether the SR9® Viridian® Green Laser shown on their site fits both models. I do like the looks of the SR9® & SR9c™ Mitch Rosen® Holster & $75.00

What I do know is that after contacting LaserMax who makes the Uni Max rail mount laser they informed us their product will not work on the rail provided on the SR9c as it is too short, they did say they are working on a smaller unit but had no time frame for release.

Rock

Bearcat
jdmb03,

That seems like a great price for the SR9c, I am real sure for me the brushed stainless model would be my choice. Over the years the stainless has won me over for carry and hunting weapons, just less worry about wear and tear all the way around.

If I buy one I am sure it will see a lot of holster and shooting time, this will for sure not be a safe queen.

kscott

Single-Sixer
I got my price locked in with my local dealer for $389. I was expecting about $420, but when he gave me that price, I had to catch my jaw on the way down. :shock:

Rock

Bearcat
kscott,

That is an amazing price; I believe my friend paid almost a hundred more than your stated price.

I am thinking you better pull the trigger on this deal before your dealer regains consciousness; firearms are sure a better price in your area than ours. At that price you can sure afford some accessories if you wish.

jdmb03

Bearcat
Rock":uxjlk9t2 said:
jdmb03,

That seems like a great price for the SR9c, I am real sure for me the brushed stainless model would be my choice. Over the years the stainless has won me over for carry and hunting weapons, just less worry about wear and tear all the way around.

If I buy one I am sure it will see a lot of holster and shooting time, this will for sure not be a safe queen.

I'm usually not one who likes two tones guns but I think the stainless slide looks better than the black.

kscott

Single-Sixer
Rock":3mhn2jvq said:
kscott,

That is an amazing price; I believe my friend paid almost a hundred more than your stated price.

I am thinking you better pull the trigger on this deal before your dealer regains consciousness; firearms are sure a better price in your area than ours. At that price you can sure afford some accessories if you wish.
Haha. Yeah I know I prepaid the second I heard it so that he'd be able to hold it for me. It's a sealed deal already. I just have to go pick it up hopefully today.

mrme

Bearcat
I was wrong - I apologize - I was reading the full size description not the SR9C ...

The WGAF is an expression of frustration, not an attack on anyone personally, I thought most here are grown Men, correct - ?

Now I apologized isn't that enough, or would someone like me to cut into a vein, and put the results on you tube...?