The new Beretta A400 Shotgun

Help Support Ruger Forum:

This morning it finally hits me why so many people don't like gun magazines too much. There is a review of the new shotgun from Beretta. $1600 will get you an anodized aluminum receiver, with a "rustproof technopolymer trigger guard. " Can anyone say 10/22?

I'm not faulting Beretta, don't own any at all. The magazine says and I quote "...the traditionalists and modernists both will embrace the appearance of this gun." So regardless of who you are, you will like painted aluminum and plastic. I guess that's the future.

I do own two 10/22's but prefer blued steel and wood. Sorry for the rant, the Chicago snow didn't exactly help this morning...

tomiswho

Single-Sixer
I had to look at this thread - I wondered why a shotgun title would be posted in the rimfire section - but it's certainly appropriate now that I see.

Why would anyone want a new Chinese plastic computer compared to the solid aluminum Pickett slide rule made in the USA?

Maybe your point explains why the antiquated 1911 still has so many fans..... the market is solidly polymer now - and some folks just don't want to let go of real steel and real wood.

The same battle is being fought in ammunition..... real lead, or "green" tin compounds which cost bucu more????