The loose nut behind the trigger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Perhaps this is correct. I was at the range today, and would have left early even without the rain forcing me too.

After 45 minutes, every revolver I brought was shooting high.
It couldn't be me, :D so I'm just going to calk this up to the weather. It's pretty stormy all over our area right now.

I was even shooting this: A GP100 with a scope.
y5QS6fNl.jpg

Interestingly enough, this is my first revolver. I was thinking about a comment in another thread, if a double action would lead to single actions. I had always wanted a revolver with a scope. I remember, I almost bought a Smith and Wesson, however, at the Bass Pro Shop, they have the trigger locks and you can't get a good feel for the gun. I went to another gun shop and they had this. I remember, because after bringing it home, I searched and found the Ruger Forum as I was trying to find out information about the gun. Then since a lot of people here are into single actions, I got a New Model Vaquero as my second revolver.
qKdf5Ral.jpg

So yes, I believe if new shooters get into the sport with a double action revolver, or even a Glock, they could branch out and get interested in other aspects of the shooting world. Even competing in IDPA could lead to a competition in CAS. I can see a connection.

And yes, I got a scope mounted onto a revolver. It might look silly, and it's pretty top heavy, but darn fun to shoot. I had the trigger smoothed out and some lighter springs put in it as well. This was all done way back when. Gander Mountain in Kenosha, WI had an extremely competent gun smith working there for a long time. They did the work.

Grip inserts are American Holly.

375hh1973

Single-Sixer
Nothing wrong with a scope on a revolver. I have been using scoped revolvers for deer hunting for a long time

contender

Ruger Guru
One thing often overlooked is the light conditions when shooting a handgun. Even scoped ones can have issues.
So,,,, maybe,,,,, it was just the light,, or the loose nut was a bit "off" today.

using a scope on a revolver and "'trying" to shoot it double action can really be a challenge....hell anything over a single power,even a 1.5 and the crosshairs jump ALL OVER THE PLACE.........

AND OF COURSE THE OBVIOUS THINGS LIKE A BULLET WEIGHT CHANGE!

Funny, that Jeep doesn't look like the 6" 1/2-lug sitting in front of me....looks like a 2/2 lug. (Maybe I"M the "loose-nut!").

What does one call the "pattern" all over that gun? Is it engraving? Etching? Handsome, whatever it is!

Funny, that Jeep doesn't look like the 6" 1/2-lug sitting in front of me....looks like a 2/2 lug. (Maybe I"M the "loose-nut!").
What does one call the "pattern" all over that gun? Is it engraving? Etching? Handsome, whatever it is!
Do you mean the Black and White picture? That is a photoshop effect. It is a full lug, not half.

Prescut

Single-Sixer
Hey Kevin,

That photoshop effect is just tremendous.

Looks elegant.

prescut

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to mislead or anything. The black and white picture is just a combination of "line drawing" -and- "oil painting" effects with Adobe Photoshop. The gun itself is just a regular Ruger blued revolver.

Latest posts