The Hunter and the Ranger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
I've had something like this shot kicking around in my head for a while now. The light wasn't quite right, but I think it came out OK.

IMG_1174.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley Hunter in .44 Magnum with gray laminate grips.
Custom made Ranger RD-7 w/.25" hollow ground tool steel blade and black micarta scales.

Every since both pieces wandered into my collection I figured I needed a shot with the handles complimenting each other. George (the gargoyle, given to me by my old neighbor, George) just wandered into the shot...

-- Sam

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
ltbarber":3eiz0r2l said:
Perfect composition.
Thanks!

Next time I'll try to remember to get the bag of manure out of the background... :roll: It's amazing what you see outside of the viewfinder.

I am pleased with the overall shot, though.

-- Sam

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
Great Pics. Looking for the Bisley Hunter now, myself. Who made you knife ? Do you have contact info. for him ? Is it a Busse ?
Jeff

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Jeff Hoover":2xa2pxll said:
Great Pics. Looking for the Bisley Hunter now, myself. Who made you knife ? Do you have contact info. for him ? Is it a Busse ?
Jeff
Hi Jeff, and thanks!

It's a Ranger knife, based on one of their Ready Detachment series, the RD-7. Mine was custom ordered with the hollow grind, bead blasted finish, and a couple of other details I can't remember off hand.

If you're really interested let me know. I may be putting it up for sale. (The knife, not the gun.)

-- Sam