The East Coast Gathering has started: Now with a few pics

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
22,134
Location
Lake Lure NC USA
The greenish/yellow haired guy was John. (I mentioned above about scalping him, in jest of course.) He's the son of DR, a local friend, a lurker here,,, and a fan of the Ruger SA's after shooting a few of mine.
 

graygun

Hunter
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
4,050
Location
Junction,Tx
contender said:
The greenish/yellow haired guy was John. (I mentioned above about scalping him, in jest of course.) He's the son of DR, a local friend, a lurker here,,, and a fan of the Ruger SA's after shooting a few of mine.


ok

fun times and nice pics and video :D
 

contender

Ruger Guru
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
22,134
Location
Lake Lure NC USA
FM,, as it was said often; "the weather is perfect." Yep,, we did enjoy a beautiful weekend weather wise. But even that paled in comparison to the pleasure we get from these gatherings.
We did miss you,, and knew you'd be thinking of us & wishing you were here.

As we like to say, "Maybe next year!"

Oh, and we had rain all weekend this past weekend. I was at my sisters house Saturday afternoon,,, and my BIL was griping a bit about the rain. I smiled & said; "Blame me for the rainy weather. I wanted good weather last weekend,, and God gave it to me,, so it can rain all it wants now!"
I do like to needle him a bit. :D (He professes to be very devout Christian,, but his daily life can reflect otherwise.)
 
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
9,337
Location
Greenville, SC: USA
I did some serious editing on that video and also a good bit of foley work.... actually missed one of the shots you took Contender....

somebody should have noted that the video when you are running the paper course and shooting you are hitting steal with those shots....
 

contender

Ruger Guru
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
22,134
Location
Lake Lure NC USA
There was no steel on that bay. The steel was over the berm in the next bay. If you got the sound,, it would have been from there.
 
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
9,337
Location
Greenville, SC: USA
I stole the sound of you shooting that 30 cal pistol at the steel targets and pasted it in to the drone video..... I spent way too much time searching the internet for "gun shots" but none that were free sounded right. So, I made a clip of one of those shots and then merged them in... the hard part was watching the barrel of your revolver and and figuring out the shots... I actually missed one or two. Who knows, I may go back and fix it... but it takes a good bit of time to get the video over to youtube.
 
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
9,337
Location
Greenville, SC: USA
Yep, exactly... I did not like the missing sound on the drone video and needed to add the shots in.... in this regard, one of the amazing things I learned was in the Spaghetti Westerns by Sergio Leone .... he actually filmed them with no sound and then added the dialog and background sounds and gun shots later in the studio.
 
Joined
Apr 2, 2014
Messages
2,014
blume357 said:
I stole the sound of you shooting that 30 cal pistol at the steel targets and pasted it in to the drone video..... I spent way too much time searching the internet for "gun shots" but none that were free sounded right. So, I made a clip of one of those shots and then merged them in... the hard part was watching the barrel of your revolver and and figuring out the shots... I actually missed one or two. Who knows, I may go back and fix it... but it takes a good bit of time to get the video over to youtube.

In other words " Fake News "
The shame of it, here on this very forum, by one of it's members no less.
Next thing we know there will be video " evidence" of Contender wearing shoes.
Dave
 

contender

Ruger Guru
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
22,134
Location
Lake Lure NC USA
"Next thing we know there will be video " evidence" of Contender wearing shoes."

Only for weddings, funerals, and to get into some restaurants.

:D :D :D
 

steveodtw

Blackhawk
Joined
Jan 16, 2009
Messages
990
Location
SE Michigan
blume357 said:
Yep, exactly... I did not like the missing sound on the drone video and needed to add the shots in.... in this regard, one of the amazing things I learned was in the Spaghetti Westerns by Sergio Leone .... he actually filmed them with no sound and then added the dialog and background sounds and gun shots later in the studio.[/quote

Where are the ricochets?
 
Joined
Oct 24, 2007
Messages
11,398
Location
Kentucky
steveodtw said:
blume357 said:
Yep, exactly... I did not like the missing sound on the drone video and needed to add the shots in.... in this regard, one of the amazing things I learned was in the Spaghetti Westerns by Sergio Leone .... he actually filmed them with no sound and then added the dialog and background sounds and gun shots later in the studio.[/quote

Where are the ricochets?

https://youtu.be/F9ZXKwcGXkw :mrgreen:
 
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
9,337
Location
Greenville, SC: USA
May be I'll work on a 'fun' video with the ricochets and such... in the mean time:

I did some more work on the original video, fixed Contender's shots and added some titles and a bit of preaching at the very end.

Here is version #2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-ftPiEFY-g&feature=youtu.be
 
Joined
Nov 15, 2005
Messages
9,337
Location
Greenville, SC: USA
I got the gun shots a lot closer to real and like I said added a few more captions ....

Y'all keep in mind Contender's time shooting his revolver and reloading twice was better than my best time shooting a semi-auto with a full mag and one in the chamber and so no reload!
 
Top