The East Coast Gathering has started: Now with a few pics

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
Well, friday rolled around,, & the fine folks started trickling in.

RoninPa along with his wife Jackie were the first arrivals. I was working around the range, and running an errand, so they went to the house, where Miss Penny was busy. She had some work to do from home first thing,, and then started into her preps & all for dinner. She was pleasantly surprised,, to see Ron & Jackie,, even if she'd gotten busy & hadn't gotten out of her bathrobe yet! ( :D :D ) Ron & Jackie came to the range,, and had their lunch,, and we finished carrying out a few things. Then, Colonialgirl, & wizofwas arrived,, to help us with the last few items I wanted to get out.
We retired to my home,, where Miss Penny was still busy as a bee fixing the dinner stuff & all.
Cholo arrived,, and immediately settled into the fun discussions we were enjoying.
A Forum lurker, and occasional buyer of OM Rugers,, DR & his son arrived,, (he's local,) & they both have been to a few of the Gatherings,, so it was all around "Welcome backs!"
While supper could have been a bit earlier,, we held off,, as gramps had gotten tied up in a bit of traffic. But he arrived in a good timely fashion,, walked his dog briefly, then we all gathered for a good country meal,, prepared by Miss Penny,, and topped off with her belated B-Day cake,, baked by Ron! A triple layered chocolate cake,, topped with vanilla ice cream.

We do miss Fox Mike,, but his chauffeurs were unable to attend this year,, so the motor cart race will have to wait until next year! :D

And today,, blume & a few others are supposed to arrive.

Pics will be taken,, and shared later,,,!

Hawk-in-Wi

Buckeye
Greetings From WI , sounds like you guys are set for a nice weekend , hope every one has a fun and safe time

dad45

Single-Sixer
Sounds like lots of fun, I enjoy seeing the pics afterwards,
We need a get together like this up here in the north

turd

Blackhawk
I'm mostly a lurker, too, but wife and I talked about it a bit this year. Haven't been to the area for a while, and never to Lake Lure, thought it might be a fun part of a vacation. But with coronavirus and all, we decided maybe next year. It IS a fair distance from here, and would require some planning. :mrgreen:

Hope all have a great time, and, yes, I look forward to the pics.

Johnnu2

Buckeye
This sure sounds like a GOOD TIME.......
Hope you all have a ball and eat too much good stuff....
And stay safe....
J.

contender

Ruger Guru
Supreme Commander,, not by a long shot,, that would be Miss Penny! :D

We'd taken a break from shooting,, (some of us,,) and the shade was where we congregated. We had canopies, but never had to put them up. I took a few pics,,, but blume got fancy with his drone,, so I worked on other stuff.
(Well, at least he didn't damage the drone when he backed it into the trees!) :D )

This is a picture of the popular steel bang-n-clang bay.

RoninPa & gramps,, making the steel ring!

John,, worried he'll be scalped,, (I've warned him, :D ) but trying to prove he can shoot a Star.

Poco Oso

Buckeye
Looks like everyone's having a blast. (pun intended :mrgreen: ) The drone shot adds a new twist. Good thinking, on bringing it along, Blume. I'm looking forward to more. Enjoy and stay safe.

Cholo

Staff member
Once again, Ty and Miss Penny put on one hell of a meet! From the Friday night feast, the friendship throughout Saturday, and the cook out at the end of the day, no one had a bad time.

It was really good to see Colonialgirl and wisofwas again this year! I was disappointed that Fox Mike was unable to make it, but I fully understand. Frank, I even brought that Colt Defender 45 ACP 1911 you liked so much last year, and the ammo for you to burn up in it. I hope you make it next year--Kevin, too.

Going I took interstates, 4 1/2 hours. Coming back all beautiful backroads--9 hours. On Hwy. 276 heading towards Waynesville, NC, a car was coming at me in the opposite direction and right when we were about to pass, a doe ran right between both cars. One second later and one, or both of us, would have creamed it :shock:

Beautiful country between here and there!

I'm sure Ty and Miss Penny would like to have even more of you join us next year, God willing...

contender

Ruger Guru
"I'm sure Ty and Miss Penny would like to have even more of you join us next year, God willing..."

YES!

While we missed Kevin, Frank, Big Ol Boy, it was good to see wizofwas again, and CG as well.

We did have great weather,, good fellowship,, burned powder while slinging lead,,, and of course a bit of eating good.

What Cholo and Contender said! We literally had a blast! I shot up a bunch of .44 spcl in my Charter Bulldog, then switched to my .44 mag Redhawk. Two different loads to test and pick one for deer season. Both had 310 gr WFP, but one was 2400 powder, the other Winchester 296. The most accurate was the W 296! Did I mention it rang the steel! Thank you Ty and Penny. I learn so much from you two. Networking at these gatherings is a wonderful thing Wiz Of Was brought an AMT Hardballer in .30 cal. What a hoot to shoot! Thanks guys! Cholo an I got caught up on our travels and adventures, Ron in Pa always teaches me something about guns. Ty taught me how to strip my Mark ll. The food was GREAT!!! Next year I will bring my unused holsters etc
gramps

As always Contender sets up a simulated combat course....this one was pretty simple, the odd thing is I ran it three times and each time took me longer .... I averaged about 16 -17 seconds with my semi-auto and no magazine change... Contender with magazine changes... 8 seconds...

here's the layout:

Latest posts