The Blue Angels movie

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mike J

Hunter
So I took a long weekend & we went down & saw my sister & her husband at Perdido Key in Florida (Perdido Key is basically just across the intercoastal waterway from Pensacola). Last night after dinner my brother-in-law wanted us to watch a movie with them. It was "The Blue Angels". He streamed it off Amazon Prime. I am sure there are other ways to see it. This is a documentary that follows the Blue Angels through a year of training, performing, etc. They even show the team members that will be leaving at the end of the season selecting their replacements. It is interesting & the level of precision they achieve in their flying is mind blowing. I know there are a lot of members here are aviation buffs. I am actually not an aviation buff but I did enjoy watching it.

My son-in-law's brother was the Gunny for the Angels some years ago. He 'snuck' his brother on the demonstration flight of Fat Albert. I begged but got shot down. Did get to meet some of those pilots and crew-members, Great bunch

Last edited:

TULLYMARS

Single-Sixer
For several years when the kids were younger we always scheduled our beach vacations around the Blue Angels training and demo flights in Pensacola.
Never get tired of watching them. The Navel Air Museum usually ate up a day or two of our trip. Love that place!

The movie is an Imax film and I would love to see it. I have seen some of the trailers and they are great.
The Blues reported to the Admiral that Son worked for as an Aid and made several trips to P'Cola to inspect/visit them. At the Corpus NAS Air Show he was invited to fly with them on the Friday before the show. He gave up his seat to his buddy that was getting out. His plan was to fly with them the next time he was in P'Cola. Sad to say the schedules never worked out.

Cholo

Staff member
That was a really good documentary! The cinematography was amazing! Just wow!

I last saw the Blue Angels in Cleveland in '16. They used to come to Chattanooga every couple of years. I'll go to the Rome, GA show next year (y)

contender

Ruger Guru
I was able to catch one of their shows in Beaufort Sc several years ago. Plus,, my then BIL was an officer in the Corps, and we went to the Officers club the night before the show. I was able to meet several of the (then) pilots. Great time!
I'll have to see if I can find the movie for sure.

RC44Mag

Buckeye
This was the first year in a long time that I was home that I didn't go to the Jones Beach Airshow to see the Angels. They alternate years with the Thunder Birds which I don't often go. There's always great aircraft from WWII to current and even pre WWII at the shows but myself, the Angels do a better show, most I talk to there feel the same. The Navy team really uses more afterburner and complex maneuvers than AF including a killer sneak move that's sure to make many spectators jump off of their seats!

KIR

Sparks, NV
When I saw the title of the thread, thought it was about the Marlene Dietrich movie! 😱:ROFLMAO:

I really must be old!

for any one in the WI., MN., IA., area they are going to be at LaCrosse WI on June 15th and 16th

15 · 16 | La Crosse, WI | Deke Slayton Airfest | Website

my sons thinking about taking the boat over to lake Onalaska it's right off the north end of the airport , should be a great place to watch from

Mike J

Hunter
for any one in the WI., MN., IA., area they are going to be at LaCrosse WI on June 15th and 16th

15 · 16 | La Crosse, WI | Deke Slayton Airfest | Website

my sons thinking about taking the boat over to lake Onalaska it's right off the north end of the airport , should be a great place to watch from

I haven't gotten to see them. My wife & kids did pretty much what you are describing though. They watched the air show in Pensacola from my brother in laws boat. They have also watched them practice but I think that was from the Wal Mart parking lot if I recall correctly. They get to do more fun stuff than I do but someone has to pay the bills.

Latest posts