The 5th Annual Ruger Forum East Coast Gathering "PICS"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
I've had a few inquiries,,, so I figured I need to post the info.

Yes, we will once again host the East Coast Gathering at my place.
It will be the first weekend in October.
It's open to all who wish to attend, and enjoy some casual discussions, lots of shooting, some fair to middling cooking, & a heaping helping of BS.

Local accommodations; Many small mom & pop type motels in Chimney Rock, a few in Lake Lure, but the closest name brand Hotel is the Days Inn in Columbus NC. If you stay in Lake Lure or Chimney Rock, you are within 5-15 minutes drive to my range. Columbus is about 20 minutes. October is "leaf season" so book rooms early.
I also have some space for those wishing to camp.
So, set up, & all is Friday October 2nd, with Saturday the 3rd being the main day, and some folks hang around until Sunday the 4th.

Come one, come all!

PS: MODS, PLEASE MAKE THIS A STICKY!

cruzerlou

Buckeye
I'll be there in my camo boxers!!!!!!!
Lou
BTW I'm bringing deputydawg with me and maybe Mrs. Dawg too!

wizofwas

Buckeye
God willing and the Creek don't rise, I'll be there. I've got a ride up with CG again and I'm almost packed and ready to go. And I'll be camping again.

Badger Matt

Single-Sixer
Plan to be there this year too. I'll have a TC 357 Herrett owned by good ol' Skeeter and if I bring the truck and not the bike, I'll have a suppressed .308 as well.

bobski

Hunter
dang....ya do it every time im gonna be in mo prepping for the shotgun shoot! :<

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
Hope somebody brings them Deepfried Soft Crabs again; I plan on making my Delicious Dump Cake again.

Fox Mike

Hawkeye
Colonialgirl said:
Hope somebody brings them Deepfried Soft Crabs again; I plan on making my Delicious Dump Cake again.
Is that a not too subtle hint that we need to go shopping? Hopefully everything will work out this year and I will have a carrier for "Trigger" so I won't need help dragging him out of the trunk. Have a few 'unfired' (by me anyway) that I may need help christening.

contender

Ruger Guru
bobski,,,, we do it each year on the 1st weekend of October. Plan right now for next year.

CG; I see Frank took the hint! :D :D

wizofwas,,, no problem camping here again. If Lou camps,,,,, make sure you get far enough away from him to avoid those loud noises during the night!

Big Old Boy

Hunter
I plan to bring a bunch of those chicken spiedies for the grill and I'll bring gramps if he needs a ride.

bobski

Hunter
cant my friend. gotta be in the fields for 3rd cut and prep the shootin range.
were there late sept and dont get back until nov. we check the inlaws in ark, head to va ....and go straight to conn to prep the winter home for winter. the cousins use the va house when we are gone for vacation.
this retired life is worse than military life! 8)

blume357

Hawkeye
I've got it rit down in my appointment book and will be there unless 'She Who Must Be Obeyed' tells me different.

Big ol Boy called, and we have agreed to travel together again. Going to be fun! I need to shoot the .480 again! Ty, the food was outstanding! The Companionship priceless.
gramps

Big Old Boy

Hunter
Well we have a room booked at the Days inn and those leaf lookers do drive the price up, $155 per night but worth every penny for a good time at the gathering I can't wait!!!

Big Old Boy

Hunter
Ty, jacketed are OK on your range I believe no solids correct me if I'm wrong. I plan to bring my rar in 300 blk for any one that wants to try it.

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
Big Old Boy said:
Well we have a room booked at the Days inn and those leaf lookers do drive the price up, $155 per night but worth every penny for a good time at the gathering I can't wait!!!

Well, I'm booked in at the Days Inn there in Columbus/Tryon; Hate to break it to you, BUT I got my room for $140/night, but then I used an AAA discount AND booked through Wyndham Resorts.
Boy they HAVE jacked those rates UP, in 2013 it only cost me $254 for the two nights, forget what it was last year. This year the total is $319
I booked a Handicap accessible room with a queen bed for Ashley and I, It SHOULD be on the ground floor (NO STEPS to climb) But then after my back surgery I aint too anxious to climb steps.
Hey Big Old Boy; You may want to check and see if you can get a lower rate with AAA, AARP, NRA or one of the other groups $15/night is nothing to sneeze at.

See ya there !!

Colonialgirl (aka: Pamela )

Big Old Boy

Hunter
I did use NRA and that's the price, I guess they like you best.
Looking forward to seeing everyone in NC.