The .41 Mag-Not Enough Gun..

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chuckbuster

Single-Sixer
Well maybe it is! :D

My opening day buck, about 1pm. Hunted with my Dad, 80 years old now. Hunting in his woods
.41 Magnum RUGER Blackhawk revolver
One shot. 35-40 yards
11 point, rough "B&C" gross score in the 160's
Taxidermist estimated at 5-1/2 years old
Kevin

ShadyCoveBuck2009.jpg

flhr62

Single-Sixer
I think the hat fits. Looks like a cowboy hat with a cover over it. That is a nice deer, and I like the .41 mag

gunman42782

Hunter
Outstanding! Very nice buck, and I, too, love the .41 Mag, even though I have never killed a deer with mine.

wk4036

Bearcat
What County?
I would give my left arm (Need to keep the right for pulling the trigger)to be able to hunt with my dad again so please don't waste day's like that.

Jayhawkhuntclub

Buckeye
Did that hat come with a red nose and floppy shoes? Sorry I had too say that. Awesome deer! Even more awesome you took it with a handgun. Congratulations on what I'm sure will be a cherished memory forever.

bnewberry

Single-Sixer
The picture is as much a trophy as the deer, and that is a nice deer!

Way to go .41 magnum too. A very under-appreciated round.

contender

Ruger Guru
And just when I thought we'd put to rest the arguement about the power of the 41,,, (see the Gallery & sixshot's elk kill,) and you post this! :D :D
As all knowledgable folks know, it takes a combination of several things to make a clean kill. Accuracy, bullet selection, bullet placement, and enough energy to get it done when it gets there.
The 22 LR can kill a deer, but isn't the best choice. But, for most general hunting, a 357 & bigger will be just fine on deer following the things I mentioned above.

Now, when I see pics like this,, I truly enjoy them a lot. My dad wasn't a hunter. He did go a few times with me or my brother,,, but never bagged anything. I just WISH I had a pic & memory like you've now got.
Excellent pic, story, AND a great deer with a handgun!

Pal Val

Buckeye
I learned from my dad never to criticize a man's hat, car or choice of drinks. Makes you no friends. :lol:

Let's put down any doubts as to the capabilities of the .41 mag, OK?

Great picture and fine buck. That rack is as much a trophy as I would wish to find in the woods sometime.

mt

Single-Sixer
That's a very nice deer and especially being taken with a handgun.

That's also a very nice, practical hat, when hunting in states requiring Orange that's exactly what I used. It certainly helps visibility when there are idiots masquerading as hunters out there. I had to mention it in light of the news I heard from Virginia this a.m. about some lady being shot by a "hunter".

mt

Chuckbuster

Single-Sixer
Don Lovel":2hwc4iws said:
Great buck, fun getting out with Dad, but no disrespect intended, HOWEVER, take dad to a store and buy him a hat that fits and looks better on him..........

Dad's Hat actually fits and looks great when his Orange cover is not on it. Under the Orange cover is a very nice Cinnamon colored 10X beaver, RESISTOL I think. I have a matching cover for mine, just remembered to take it off before the pictures!

Ethang

Blackhawk
Nice buck. We have not really had good weather for hunting. It is great you got to get out with your dad. Congrats.