Thank you PayPal

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Yesterday we were at a hobby store and I was contemplating a remote controlled truck. I know, just a toy, but it would be fun. The brand was Traxxas and they are too expensive to be just an impulse purchase. So last night I'm looking online at their website, pretty cool stuff, all the tech involved.

Anyway, this morning, I turned on the computer and in google I searched www.traxxas.com but what I got was www.traxxas-us.com. (Don't go to the second "-us" website by the way.)

But I did, and placed an order, the prices were dirt cheap, and I thought they were just having a sale or made a mistake or something. But nope. It's a Chineese knockoff website of some kind. I ordered and they wanted payment through Paypal.

Paypal called me about 20 minutes later and they had flagged the purchase as possible fraud. The total was $92.75. This is when I went back and looked and found the two websites. Then I called my credit card company and told them what happened. It looks like Paypal stopped it, but I wanted to be sure.

Anyway, Paypal just increased their reputation in my book by quite a bit. That was pretty good of them to do that. Especially because I'm not even the greatest customer of theirs. I might only use them two or three times per year.

And those Traxxas remote controlled cars are still way cool, by the way. They have one model that they say will go 100 mph. :D

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

I've used PayPal for years (and, yes, I understand some of you have your negative opinions) and only had a couple of "encounters" which involved PayPal's involvement in all that time. They were right on the spot for me. It appears to me they're pretty diligent in trying to keep on top and preserving their reputation.

Just one person's opinion.

Rick C

hittman

Staff member
The “red flag” legislation from about 2008 seems to have made many like PayPal get their collective crap together.

Prior to that ….. they’d lost my info 3 times in 2 years.

Great to see they’re doing what they should be and retaining customers.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
hittman said:
The “red flag” legislation from about 2008 seems to have made many like PayPal get their collective crap together.

Hi,

Calm before the storm?

Word came out a couple of days ago is that Joe Biden wants them (and a couple of similar companies) to report transactions over $600 to the IRS. Kinda like his proposal with the banks a few weeks ago. Hope this doesn't turn out to be a huge wrench in the works with what will certainly be considerable changes in paperwork. We'll see...

Rick C

Mobuck

Hawkeye
"there were Chinese companies that copy/steal products and then sell copies of them."
Heck, I thought that was normal. Look at optics and you'll see exact(?) copies of American branded products that are shipped directly from O-fakie China.
I don't doubt that at least some of the knockoffs are made side by side with the American brands. The problem is going through 1/2 dozen pieces of crap to find those.

How many products are produced for American companies in China, including many 'highly rated brands'? This is like the old "jap junk" arguments of the fifties.
Sure, lots of products are made but good products are made to the company’s standard.

This thread wasn’t about a good product, it was about an imitation product NOT made according to the company’s standard.

Furthermore, it was being sold on a very convincing, yet false website, which wasn’t being administered by the company.

Reactions: RRM

harley08

Single-Sixer
Yesterday we were at a hobby store and I was contemplating a remote controlled truck. I know, just a toy, but it would be fun. The brand was Traxxas and they are too expensive to be just an impulse purchase. So last night I'm looking online at their website, pretty cool stuff, all the tech involved.

Anyway, this morning, I turned on the computer and in google I searched www.traxxas.com but what I got was www.traxxas-us.com. (Don't go to the second "-us" website by the way.)

But I did, and placed an order, the prices were dirt cheap, and I thought they were just having a sale or made a mistake or something. But nope. It's a Chineese knockoff website of some kind. I ordered and they wanted payment through Paypal.

Paypal called me about 20 minutes later and they had flagged the purchase as possible fraud. The total was $92.75. This is when I went back and looked and found the two websites. Then I called my credit card company and told them what happened. It looks like Paypal stopped it, but I wanted to be sure.

Anyway, Paypal just increased their reputation in my book by quite a bit. That was pretty good of them to do that. Especially because I'm not even the greatest customer of theirs. I might only use them two or three times per year.

And those Traxxas remote controlled cars are still way cool, by the way. They have one model that they say will go 100 mph. :D
Isn't Paypay anti gun?

reuben_j_cogburn

Blackhawk
Regardless of the opinions, I have always had good results with PP customer service.... There are other options now but back a few years ago, it was your own CC or debit.. or paypal...
A number of years ago when I was skill kinda making some $$$, I bought an AR (parts), online, and used my paypal card... no issues.. and most of my purchases are rather gun/outdoor related....
But then a lot of us are using AT%T, verison, AARP, etc..... where does it end.....

Latest posts