Texas Department of Public Safety mini 14

Help Support Ruger Forum:

texasrecurve

Bearcat
Anyone have any info on these? Are they GB's I suppose? Any markings on them to signify they are DPs rifles? Thanks!

deadduck357

Single-Sixer
Tx DPS use to use the Mini14 but it has been phased out for the Bushmaster M4 Patrolman.

texasrecurve

Bearcat
Yeah I have been offered one for sale but didn't know for sure if it was a GB or not. I have since found out it is and is marked with a metal plate on the pistol grip.

deadduck357

Single-Sixer
It would be a cool buy. The only thing to worry about is how bad is the barrel shot out.

DGW1949

Hunter
texasrecurve":3ajqai2s said:
Anyone have any info on these? Are they GB's I suppose? Any markings on them to signify they are DPs rifles? Thanks!

The one's I saw back in the day weren't GB's....they was plain-jane stainless guns.
Texas Parks and Wildlife also issued stainless Mini's to their enforcement officers....might still do...dunno.....all that was 30 years ago.

DGW

Tx Lt

Bearcat
The Mini 14 that I bought when DPS switched to Bushmasters is a GB model, complete with flash hider and bayonet lug. Most of the rifles were not shot much, mainly once a year to qualify and then cleaned and put back in the patrol car.

texasrecurve

Bearcat
Ok, I took delivery Friday night and it doesn't have a scratch or imperfection on it. The trooper I bought it from said it had been fired very little. It is a blue GB with full stock and Texas DPS serial number and markings. He also had the blue DPS inventory card to match the gun.