Testing a video, it worked, slugs pics too

Help Support Ruger Forum:

contender

Ruger Guru
I've wanted to "catch" a slug from my Ruger Super Blackhawk 480 since I got it. I wanted to test penetration in water jugs, & see how the slug looked afterwards. Well, my first attempt it passed all the way through 12 jugs, all 1 gallon milk jugs. I saved up more jugs, and put out 16. At around 11 or so, it had veered off course & exited the side of a milk jug. So I began saving plastic jugs from cat litter. They are bigger, and would hopefully catch my slug.
Yesterday, I took 20 jugs out as well as a bunch of 1 gallon milk jugs, all filled with water. I set them up, & using my 480, shooting a hand cast 400 grn WFN slug, I was able to capture my slug. I also set it up for video. It took 15 big jugs to catch the slug!
I'm HOPING I got the video to copy & paste, as photobucket gave me a few problems. So here is a test video.

Ok, the video worked,, and I took a picture of 3 recovered slugs. On the left, the 480 400 grn WFN,, it only flattened the nose a little. The middle is a Hornady 158 grn JHP that was recovered after only 5 jugs. And the right slug was recovered after firing through a heavy plastic barrel & into dirt, same Hornady bullet.

contender

Ruger Guru
I'll take a picture of the slug along with the 158 grn JHP I shot into the rest of the jugs. I just haven't done that yet.